News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RED COIL WIRE BOOT ON SIX BARREL SUPERBIRDS??

Started by Mopar John, March 20, 2017, 11:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davtona

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on April 03, 2017, 07:38:20 PM
I guess as long as we are on this subject, are there any identifying marks on an original 1969 or 1970 2444 507 tan cap for the single point distributor engines?

Only thing I see on the ones I have are a little # 1 on the inside as shown.  :2thumbs:

odcics2

Quote from: 62 Max on April 03, 2017, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on April 03, 2017, 07:11:28 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on April 02, 2017, 10:20:39 AM
The black cap is 65 and earlier,the original Prestolite cap,both tan and black have the Prestolite IBK1003 part number molded inside,if that number is not there it is an after market cap.

My tan caps all have a black gasket on the bottom, to seal it to the distributor.   :Twocents:

They're probably Atlas.

In original MoPar boxes?? 

No...    They are Nascar race caps.       

Got them from Cotton and Don White.

I think I have a black one with brass terminals and a gasket... Chrysler Marine application. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mopar John

Since we have discussed the coil wire boots and distributor caps what about the rest of the boots on the cap??
I have attached two pictures for your viewing.
The first is from my 1969 440 Daytona that shows 5 boots that are 90 degrees and 3 straight.
The second is from my 1970 440 six barrel Superbird that shows 4 boots that are 90 degrees and 4 straight.
Did this change from year to year?
Were there specific wires that got the angled boots?
MJ

hemigeno

62 Max

johntpr

maxwellwedge

Thanks John.
Here is a bigger shot of it......