News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Us old Parts guys

Started by jakeallcars, March 14, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

cooldude

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 20, 2017, 03:13:31 AM
Quote from: cooldude on March 19, 2017, 10:15:16 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 15, 2017, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: cooldude on March 15, 2017, 09:20:40 AM

And of course, we had our network of Mopar buddies, and the accumulated knowledge of generations of mechanics in our circles.

Yep, and when those guys assume room temp,  a LOT of their nitty gritty firsthand info not contained in the service manual is pretty much gone for the guy in the future.    The knowledge base gets smaller and smaller.    With technology and video, it's there pretty much in perpetuity.  

There is something to that, good point.

We could probably today relearn all the skills of building a 17th century ship as it was done back then, by technology and video. But there would probably have to be a bit of a learning curve.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I would not mind learning that....those old ships had style that the modern ones just don't. You could keep all the left over bits if wood and rope after the ship is complete....and maybe convert them into a fuel to run your Charger on.....I recon you should get at least 200 miles per galleon................sorry! :lol:

I saw an article somewhere, that back in WW2, thousands of American cars were converted to burn wood for fuel. And I et there were some wood burning Mopars in there. Hmm, I think Ill start a thread on that, if I can find the article.