News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Piston numbers ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, March 21, 2017, 12:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

With looking into the spark plug hole I could see the numbers on top of the piston which are 7025P. Does that tell me anything ? There maybe more but thats all I could see..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

BLK 68 R/T

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on March 21, 2017, 12:51:58 PM
Quick google search turned up this:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/180529/help-with-identifying-pistons-7025p.html

Hey thanks,  I looked on Summit and 440 source and it didn't turn up anything.  The guy that I bought the engine from said it had a 12-1 comp. piston in it.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 21, 2017, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on March 21, 2017, 12:51:58 PM
Quick google search turned up this:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/180529/help-with-identifying-pistons-7025p.html

Hey thanks,  I looked on Summit and 440 source and it didn't turn up anything.  The guy that I bought the engine from said it had a 12-1 comp. piston in it.

You're welcome  :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

Need more info to tell you comp ratio. What heads and head gaskets at minimum to rough estimate it. Withoutkut measuring deck height and ccing a head you wont get an exact number, but it will be a stout number.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 21, 2017, 07:32:48 PM
Need more info to tell you comp ratio. What heads and head gaskets at minimum to rough estimate it. Withoutkut measuring deck height and ccing a head you wont get an exact number, but it will be a stout number.

Right, I figured that would be the case, I wish I could find the paper on the motor to clarify it.  They are 906 heads and I THINK it was a 0 deck height , gaskets  I don't know..
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser