News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona/Superbird collection

Started by Charger1970, March 22, 2017, 09:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1970

Just wondering...who has the biggest wing car collection? Doesn't Bob Malcom own something like 7 wing cars?
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

GOTWING

Charles Daisy had 11 at one time, 9 birds 2 Daytonas, i think he only is down to 1 or 2 now.

Aero426

I think the question is not who has the most, but what is the most significant collection of wing cars in one place?    In other words, quality, not quantity.   Probably more difficult to answer.    

Dave Kanofsky

I think Tim Wellborn wins, no contest. 
#71 is worth infinite points.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 24, 2017, 12:34:22 PM

K & K would certainly have to be weighted heavily.    When he had the Otis Chandler Hemi 4-speed Daytona,  definitely.    Then the low miles 6 pack Petty Blue car.     That's a nice assortment.   Does he have a Hemi Superbird in the mix?

6bblgt

Quote from: Aero426 on March 24, 2017, 02:03:16 PM

K & K would certainly have to be weighted heavily.    When he had the Otis Chandler Hemi 4-speed Daytona,  definitely.    Then the low miles 6 pack Petty Blue car.     That's a nice assortment.   Does he have a Hemi Superbird in the mix?

& the "Omaha orange" Daytona
& the power window HEMI 500

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Aero426 on March 24, 2017, 02:03:16 PM

K & K would certainly have to be weighted heavily.    When he had the Otis Chandler Hemi 4-speed Daytona,  definitely.    Then the low miles 6 pack Petty Blue car.     That's a nice assortment.   Does he have a Hemi Superbird in the mix?

Doug - I put you in the running for second with #7 and a long time family heirloom.  Not to mention your tireless effort to the club and hobby.  Many thanks, as always, for your contributions!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69_500

My vote goes to Tennessee.

So many Birds plus the Daytona and all those Fords

69bfan

I would have to agree that Mike's collection in TN. is a very nice collection of Aero cars of the different manufactures.  The cars range from the very nice to those that needs to be restored.  But to look at the unrestored original cars is lesson in how these cars were done during the time.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com