News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Combo valve and stock brake switch question

Started by Dino, March 23, 2017, 08:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I currently have the stock drum/drum brake switch and the stock rear line as well as new front lines running off of it. I will be running 4 wheel disks and was going to add an adjustable prop valve in the rear line. If instead I mount a combo valve under the new mc, can I run lines from that to the stock brake switch or does the switch have to go? I ask because if so then I need to run new lines straight to the combo valve and that's going to take some more work.

This is the combo I would like to run, although I may want to mount the valve below the mc like Keepat did on his car.

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderKits.aspx
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

will

I know he's not the most popular guy in the world, but the ram man kind of made sense when he was ranting to me at Carlisle. It's a hydraulic system, the pressure will equalize in the system and the brakes should work well. I have a ssbc system I have never been too thrilled with. I am going to go back to square one and put the mopar booster and m/c on there and see how it goes. I'll let you know when I get it done, hopefully before earth day so I can go pollute the atmosphere!

Dino

I've heard quite a bit of bad things about SSBC. I hope you get your problems solved.   :2thumbs:

I think it's ok to have the combo valve between the mc and the stock switch but I'm not positive. I "could" remove the stock switch and use brake line connectors to extend the existing lines. Keeping the switch would just simplify things a bit.

I wish I had finished the brake system before I put the engine back in. It was nice to have all that space to work on the lines. Live and learn!   :lol: