News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission/torque converter question

Started by sanders7981, March 23, 2017, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I have my 727 auto trans rebuilt, but what converter and flex plate do I use for it?  My motor should push out about 450 hp, so I don't need anything crazy as it will also be a street car only.

c00nhunterjoe

What are the specs on the build? There are a dozen different answeres that could be right or wrong. A stock converter could fit that build.... possibly.

sanders7981

I'll have to get them... My uncle had it built by a shop in Mississippi.   But at that power level, I figured a stock converter would be fine. 

John_Kunkel

A stock converter would be fine, 11 inch hi-stall preferred. Flexplate has to match the converter diameter.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

sanders7981

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 24, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

A stock converter would be fine, 11 inch hi-stall preferred. Flexplate has to match the converter diameter.

Thanks for the info!

Got any links that would point me in the right direction?  I've never done much with with transmission stuff before.  Im trying to keep from buying an $$$ expensive torque converter that would be overkill for my application.  It's a 1969 transmission.