News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice looking car, but......

Started by 71_Charger_R/T, March 24, 2017, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_Charger_R/T

Nice looking car. But it's obvious these guys aren't Mopar guys!  The black engine bay is the first clue. Also the GM trunk spackle  paint. The BIG thing that jumped out at me was that the rear spoiler is a "go wing" not the "Gull wing"  Thats not that bad..... It could have been an early '71 car.  BUT LOOK!!!!,  :smilielol: :hah: Hahaha!!!!

IT'S ON BACKWARDS!! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Charger/162365196514?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D105eb2c650aa48358d02444139b5d018%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D292059227193

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

VegasCharger

.........and a cheesy positive battery terminal.  :smilielol:

Rear spoiler on these B Bodies are a joke. Let alone putting on the go wing instead of the gull wing and put on backwards!  :smilielol:

Everyone seems that a 1971-74 Charger needs to have a wing of any sort, IMHO I like them better w/o a wing at all. Any Charger, with the exception of the Daytona wing. Just my 2ยข.

Then these A$$ Clowns at Gateway has it on backwards and asking premium dollars for it.  :smilielol:

No one at that establishment detected that? Tells me that they don't do any research on the car they represent, they'll throw any perfumed pig out there and see if the can bait an uneducated buyer.

71 SE3834V

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 24, 2017, 06:41:42 PM
.........and a cheesy positive battery terminal.  :smilielol

Hey! I have one of those cheesy battery terminals. But then again I'm not trying to get 35 large for mine neither.  :icon_smile_big: Someday it'll get replaced. Too many other things come first.

Quote from: triple_green on March 24, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
and it has a blue engine paint.

Was thinking at first maybe a 383 2bbl with a replacement intake but then I looked at the ad and saw the code and the engine pad. Eek! Maybe a later year 440? Didn't they stop using orange paint for '72+ models?

Geez! I just noticed the rubber battery holddown strap. Now THAT'S cheesy!  :smilielol:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

It gets worse the more I look at it.
No horns or washer hose and wiring running along the passenger inner fender and is the neg. battery cable attached to the timing cover??

Forgot to mention the kinked upper rad hose.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

VegasCharger

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on March 24, 2017, 07:00:17 PM
Hey! I have one of those cheesy battery terminals. But then again I'm not trying to get 35 large for mine neither.  :icon_smile_big: Someday it'll get replaced. Too many other things come first.

No problem. Just not for me. I could have a rusted out 2nd gen Charger that is barely road worthy and I would still have both + & - battery cables with the crimped terminals. Can't stand seeing the copper strands. Just a pet peeve of mine, can't explain why.

Usually folks will switch out the negative battery cable to avoid the bolt on terminal because it's easy. But the positive cable requires more work which in turns shows laziness upon these overpriced sellers so they take easy way out and use the bolt on terminals.

I know that these positive cables can be pricey but here's one that would suffice much better than having the cheesy battery terminal.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmk-2132-302-683/media/images

Asking $35,000 and you can't spend $30 on a battery cable, com'on Gateway. :smilielol:

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on March 24, 2017, 07:08:01 PM
It gets worse the more I look at it.
No horns or washer hose and wiring running along the passenger inner fender and is the neg. battery cable attached to the timing cover??

Forgot to mention the kinked upper rad hose.

Apparently these guys at Gateway just plain don't give a crap about what rolls in. They're too lazy to do any research or prep work. A bunch of Bluetooth ear piece wearing, suit wearing A$$ clowns that are afraid to get dirty. They throw their bait out into the market and wait to reel in the clueless buyer.

twilt

Is there really a correct way to install an incorrect part?

Lighthorseman

NHCharger

They have a disclaimer at the bottom of the listing stating that they are just the selling agent for the car, and they did not check the car for mechanical or structural issues.
Nice looking from the outside but a lot wrong. If it is a true SE it's missing 90% of the exterior trim.
Started life as a 318 car so the engine color is kind of a mute point.
Obviously restored by a Chevy guy.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel