News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Block choices

Started by 69charger440, March 24, 2017, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger440

So my 500 stroker has a crack in cylinder #3 and taking in water like the titanic. Needless to say I am in need of a new block, what's the options these days and the pros and cons of them? I am thinking 572 wedge!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

komninon

the only iron block right now is from muscle motors.....
$3,800 i do not know anything about the quality and service. just called a couple days ago because i am have been looking for an iron block for a while.
hope that helps

c00nhunterjoe

Been searching as well. Appears to be out of stock everywhere. Indy is having casting issues... been trying to get a maxx block since november.

BDF

Mopar Muscle (print version, current JUNE ed.) has a write-up on the Muscle Motor block.
:cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

I wasnt aware muscle motors is casting their own blocks?

BDF

Yes, it's true. They call it "THE BLOCK".

c00nhunterjoe

There is nothing advertised on their website? Checked a couple other forums, 1 guy ordered one last summer and was told he will have it this spring. I wouldnt call that readily available....

BDF

I don't know about availability, was just putting it out there as an option. Article said it 1st showed at July '16, Carlisle & ready for production mid-December '16...  :shruggy:
Good luck with your search  :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 25, 2017, 11:45:23 PM
There is nothing advertised on their website? Checked a couple other forums, 1 guy ordered one last summer and was told he will have it this spring. I wouldnt call that readily available....

MM has been known to do that...that's why im so scared to pay someone to build me a engine...Don't laugh, but that Tom Nelson who builds 2k HP engines he told me he would take 3 years or more to build me a HEMI blown...he said he would build it, dyno it, tear it down, rebuild it and one final dyno...heard so many negative opinions on engine builders its like I mind as well build it myself if it blows I know what I did and rebuild it...

My friends 605 HEMI took 2 plus years to build.....

MM has now their wedge/HEMI block dual setups....