News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 18, 2017, 04:44:52 PM
Although I can appreciate the effort to do it.  But sorry, not a fan .

From straight in from  the side its not to bad, but that 3/4 front view really shows the height differences between the side glass and windshield and the goofy C pillar shape. It makes it looks twisted and plain weird

Of all the Cars we've done, this is the first that has earned a primary Cover spot in a National Magazine.  We've also been told that Hot Rod will be doing a Cover & feature article in one of their upcoming Magazines.  I can honesty say that my appreciation for twisted and weird has greatly increased these past few weeks.   :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

A12 Superbee

I'll just leave this here.....

A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

ECS

Quote from: A12 Superbee on May 22, 2017, 12:14:23 AM
I'll just leave this here.....

That windshield is higher than the side glass.  It looks like even Chrysler couldn't decide which way to go when it came to 4 Door Glass symmetry.  This windshield trim height on the one below is lower.

resq302

Dave,

I noticed the same thing on that blue 4 door.  The windshield height is even with the drip rail trim, which means the window frame had to be below that which makes it so the glass is lower to fit into the frame.  I guess its whatever Chrysler decided to "make it work" to build the car and no set example would be the rule.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

DAY CLONA

Quote from: resq302 on May 28, 2017, 04:36:29 AMto build the car and no set example would be the rule.

More like "non-symmetry" would be the rule  :icon_smile_big: 2 or 4 dr, as seen even here on this 2 dr model

ECS

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 28, 2017, 11:31:01 AM
More like "non-symmetry" would be the rule  :icon_smile_big: 2 or 4 dr, as seen even here on this 2 dr model

Speaking of "rules", there was a recent debate on another Forum concerning the way Chrysler handled their Concept Programs.  A few individuals tried to say that Concept vehicles were built with absolute transparency within the Chrysler Corporation.  That could not be farther from the truth.  The majority of Concept Cars were meant to be concealed from the Public, as well as some people who worked within the Corporation.  When I presented quotes from General Motors Concept Managers, telling how they didn't tell anyone about the Concepts they built, I was told that Chrysler was different than GM and you couldn't use information from those Executives to prove similarities within Chrysler.  The fact of the matter is that ALL Car Manufacturers acted in a similar fashion.  Mannerisms in the Automotive Industry were very similar regardless of the Brand.  

Below is a quote (and link) about the process leading up to the production of the new Dodge Demon.  Keep in mind that this radical Car was not a Concept and was intended to be a production car from the start.  Some things never change.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/dodge-demon-secrecy-and-a-cartoon-made-srt-challenger-reality/#ftag=COS-04-10aaa1a%23ftag=COS-04-10aaa1a

"When it came time to develop the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the team behind it knew they had to keep the car out of sight -- not just from the the rest of the world, but internally, as well. To make that happen, they had to keep its very existence a secret, with core knowledge limited to just a few dozen people."  

ECS

Quote from: ECS on May 18, 2017, 09:19:23 PMWe've also been told that Hot Rod will be doing a Cover & feature article in one of their upcoming Magazines.

Here is an article from the Hot Rod Magazine Website.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopar-made-4-door-barracuda-think-yes/

BDF

Good job  :coolgleamA: & congratulations   :cheers:
I don't see how anything COULD be wrong with this car. Since it is the only one EVER built it must be the benchmark. :Twocents:

Bobs69

Your craftsmanship is awesome.  Nice work.

However, I must ask WHY?  It's not my taste but I respect the top notch work.

Again though, WHY?  A Cuda was always a "tough guy car" in my opinion.  When I look at the side view I don't see a cuda.

ECS

Quote from: Bobs69 on June 24, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
Your craftsmanship is awesome.  Nice work.  However, I must ask WHY? 

Thank you for your comments.  The simple answer as to "why" is because I wanted to build it.

Mopar Nut

I like them Black too with a shaker, very cool.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemigeno

Great article Dave!

I still need to get by your place and check this thing out in person.

:cheers: :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: hemigeno on June 26, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
Great article Dave!

:cheers: :2thumbs:

Thanks Gene!  You know that you're welcome to stop by anytime.  We will be taking the car to Carlisle in a couple of weeks and I will be doing a seminar about the build of it on Saturday.  You may have noticed that Roger Johnson is a writer for Hot Rod Magazine and actually did the article on the Car.  I don't think he sounds nearly as senile and crazy as a few have made him out to be.  To this day, he's still quite certain about the 1970 4 Door Concept Barracuda that he witnessed in 1969.

HPP

Quote from: Bobs69 on June 24, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
Your craftsmanship is awesome.  Nice work.

However, I must ask WHY?  It's not my taste but I respect the top notch work.

Again though, WHY?  A Cuda was always a "tough guy car" in my opinion.  When I look at the side view I don't see a cuda.

I think every manufacturer toyed around with 4 door concepts of popular models in days past to include such icons as Mustang and Corvette.

ECS

Quote from: hemigeno on June 26, 2017, 09:57:28 AM. Great article Dave!

Just got your message late this evening and will call you tomorrow Gene.  On a separate note, here are a few photos of the new vehicle Brochure that I had made for this Project.  I took a nice original example, had all the pages scanned and graphically altered to include a 4 Door Barracuda for the 1970 Chrysler (model) lineup.  I kept the theme as close to the original as possible and integrated the 4 Door information to make it appear as if the Brochure was authentic and real.  I had 2500 quality Brochures, printed by a professional Graphic Source.   They coincides with all of the other "authentic" paperwork that was reproduced for this car.  

Below are a few comparison pictures of the pages that were altered.  Some of the other pages were unaltered because the information did not apply to this Project vehicle.  Here are comparisons between the original and the "updated" reproduction Brochure.  The reproduction is on the top (or left in the first photo) and the original is on the bottom.  We will be handing these out at the Carlisle Show for anyone who wants one.  Thanks!

ACUDANUT

I'm waiting on a 4 door Corvette, Mustang or Camaro.  :scratchchin:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 01, 2017, 11:26:48 AM

They exist.....

gtx6970

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 01, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

They exist.....

I believe EXISTED is the proper term. To my knowledge none got past clay mockup ( ala the mustang shown ) stage to produce a running driving car. I vaguely remember seeing a 4 door clay example of a 1968 Javelin and maybe even a 67-68 Camaro years ago. But dont believe ANY went any farther than the fullsize clay mockups stage.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 01, 2017, 02:23:29 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 01, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

They exist.....

I believe EXISTED is the proper term. To my knowledge none got past clay mockup ( ala the mustang shown ) stage to produce a running driving car. I vaguely remember seeing a 4 door clay example of a 1968 Javelin and maybe even a 67-68 Camaro years ago. But dont believe ANY went any farther than the fullsize clay mockups stage.

Agreed, most were styling exercises, but they did exist in some shape or form at some time, I believe the Corvette America may have been the only truly functional 4dr, a total of 5 were built (out sourced) for GM, GM had intentions of 40 units per year starting in 1980 but the program never saw fruition, some of the  surviving 4dr Vettes fetch in the $250-$300K range when they come up for sale

ECS

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 01, 2017, 02:23:29 PM
I vaguely remember seeing a 4 door clay example of a 1968 Javelin and maybe even a 67-68 Camaro years ago. But dont believe ANY went any farther than the fullsize clay mockups stage.

ECS

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 01, 2017, 12:43:14 PMThey exist.....

We're just getting back from the recent Carlisle Event.  The Show went great and everyone made it back safe & sound.  One of the things I find hilarious was the naysayers who spent years giving me grief about the project but didn't have the guts to walk up and have a face to face conversation at the Show.  Not ONE of the "negative" people approached me, identified themselves or told me they were the one of the individuals who "debated" with me on the forums.  I've seen where they have recently posted pictures of my car, were standing within a few feet of me but didn't take the time to walk up and present the same criticisms in person.  A few people did identify themselves but were those who have been positive and supportive about the project.  It was very nice meeting you, placing a face with the name and I enjoyed our conversations.  

For those who continue to play the coward by coming back after the Show to continue your gutless attacks, your opinions mean nothing.  You proved what you are by the fact that you didn't have the guts to voice your opinion in person.  One of the pleasant surprises from the Show was talking to 3 different people who said to have seen proof of the actual concept car.  Two of the 3 said that they saw the black & white styling photo of the car and the other said they had also seen the actual Concept vehicle.  Building the car may have been the catalyst for uncovering the information that many have been requesting.  

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 19, 2017, 07:18:35 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 01, 2017, 12:43:14 PMThey exist.....

We're just getting back from the recent Carlisle Event.  The Show went great and everyone made it back safe & sound.  One of the things I find hilarious was the naysayers who spent years giving me grief about the project but didn't have the guts to walk up and have a face to face conversation at the Show.  Not ONE of the "negative" people approached me, identified themselves or told me they were the one of the individuals who "debated" with me on the forums.  I've seen where they have recently posted pictures of my car, were standing within a few feet of me but didn't take the time to walk up and present the same criticisms in person.  A few people did identify themselves but were those who have been positive and supportive about the project.  It was very nice meeting you, placing a face with the name and I enjoyed our conversations.  

For those who continue to play the coward by coming back after the Show to continue your gutless attacks, your opinions mean nothing.  You proved what you are by the fact that you didn't have the guts to voice your opinion in person.  One of the pleasant surprises from the Show was talking to 3 different people who said to have seen proof of the actual concept car.  Two of the 3 said that they saw the black & white styling photo of the car and the other said they had also seen the actual Concept vehicle.  Building the car may have been the catalyst for uncovering the information that many have been requesting.  

Where are these attacks after the show you are referring to Dave?  Can you provide links to those sites in question?

I only peruse a couple mopar forums and I have not seen anything there?

If they are doing such man cannot people just let things go...and the same goes for both sides of that street...

Glad, the show went well for you guys......

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
Where are these attacks after the show you are referring to Dave?  Can you provide links to those sites in question?

Hi Justin!  I hope you're doing well.  For the record, I didn't go out and try to find the forums that are involved with the two faced back biting.  Other Enthusiasts forwarded me the links and I get a good laugh when I read them.  One is FBBO, another is Moparts and a couple others are not worth mentioning.  They continue to try and say I'm "lying" because I have shared the information provided to me by the people who said they saw the Car.  I have not "lied" about anything.  I simply shared the information as it was provided to me.  Someone also claimed I "lied" about the manner in which the car was built because I said we started with nothing more than a conceptual idea and had to accumulate the parts to build it.  I'm not sure what issues they have with the truth but they obviously do.  We started with "nothing".  We didn't have a car to use at the start of this build.  We had to collect the components necessary to build it from the ground up.  Even the partial hull that we used for structural parts had to be completely cut apart and altered to facilitate our design.  

Anyway, the publicity is WAY beyond anything that the "haters" can comprehend.  I met a well known Publisher who awarded us the "celebrity award" as the Show and he is working to have 7 different Publications cover the Car.  I'll provide addition details as they unfold but this has become bigger than anything I could have imagined.  The Discovery Channel people have become involved and the coverage keeps growing.  Below is a video that a Gentleman took at the Show.  This is where one hater claimed that I "lied" because I said that we started with "nothing but a conceptual idea".  I find it peculiar that these people that were not part of the build, they know "nothing" about it but attempt to correct me about what we did.  Like I said, we had "nothing" when this project started.  There was no car.  There was no design to follow.  We had to create it one piece at a time, in conjunction with the Engineering parameters that it took to build it.  If they don't like that explanation.....tough.  They should have had the guts to confront me in person and ask whatever questions they are obviously confused about.  Instead, they choose to act like wash women, gossiping and twisting the facts on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIjyr-liMU&t=228s

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 19, 2017, 01:08:01 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
Where are these attacks after the show you are referring to Dave?  Can you provide links to those sites in question?

Hi Justin!  I hope you're doing well.  For the record, I didn't go out and try to find the forums that are involved with the two faced back biting.  Other Enthusiasts forwarded me the links and I get a good laugh when I read them.  One is FBBO, another is Moparts and a couple others are not worth mentioning.  They continue to try and say I'm "lying" because I have shared the information provided to me by the people who said they saw the Car.  I have not "lied" about anything.  I simply shared the information as it was provided to me.  Someone also claimed I "lied" about the manner in which the car was built because I said we started with nothing more than a conceptual idea and had to accumulate the parts to build it.  I'm not sure what issues they have with the truth but they obviously do.  We started with "nothing".  We didn't have a car to use at the start of this build.  We had to collect the components necessary to build it from the ground up.  Even the partial hull that we used for structural parts had to be completely cut apart and altered to facilitate our design.  

Anyway, the publicity is WAY beyond anything that the "haters" can comprehend.  I met a well known Publisher who awarded us the "celebrity award" as the Show and he is working to have 7 different Publications cover the Car.  I'll provide addition details as they unfold but this has become bigger than anything I could have imagined.  The Discovery Channel people have become involved and the coverage keeps growing.  Below is a video that a Gentleman took at the Show.  This is where one hater claimed that I "lied" because I said that we started with "nothing but a conceptual idea".  I find it peculiar that these people that were not part of the build, they know "nothing" about it but attempt to correct me about what we did.  Like I said, we had "nothing" when this project started.  There was no car.  There was no design to follow.  We had to create it one piece at a time, in conjunction with the Engineering parameters that it took to build it.  If they don't like that explanation.....tough.  They should have had the guts to confront me in person and ask whatever questions they are obviously confused about.  Instead, they choose to act like wash women, gossiping and twisting the facts on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIjyr-liMU&t=228s

I haven't seen the one on FBBO...Can you forward that link?

Moparts, who cares, lol.....

All is well here.....Just let the "naysayers" do as they please.....Sure, it is hard for you to not chime in but Why?  They are just trolling.....and if you dont bite I bet those threads just die quickly.....

It is not their car nor their money....but I bet if they did build it and spent their own money they would be acting differently...The ole "shoe on the other foot".....

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 02:00:40 PM
I haven't seen the one on FBBO...Can you forward that link?  It is not their car nor their money....

Hi Justin.  It was forwarded to me in a link and I'm not going to waste the time sifting through my emails to find it.  I believe it was in the general section and called something like "I don't know how your going to like this".  I remember that who ever started the thread, didn't incorporate the correct usage of the word "You're".  Those are some really "smart folks" over there!  LOL   I don't understand how these upstanding individuals claim that I'm the trouble maker but THEY go out of their way to start these threads, and obsess over something they claim is so insignificant & unimportant.  If they continue to keep posting how unimportant it is, I'm probably going to have worldwide recognition in the next few days.  I guess I should thank them for spending so much of their time trying to convince others how insignificant and stupid this project really is.