News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Some men have short cocks and because of that, they spend their time insulting another mans work.  :lol:

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 19, 2017, 03:43:07 PM
Some men have short cocks and because of that, they spend their time insulting another mans work.  :lol:

Here's the hilarious thing about it.  They spent YEARS on the internet lecturing and criticizing me.  Fast forward to this Show.  They were there and had the perfect opportunity to confront me.  (I was hoping they would.)  They took pictures that had me in the frame!  They were standing within a few feet of me and didn't have the guts to approach me and complain in person.  They all go by weird names, so I wouldn't know who they were if they walked by me.  I'll bet that some of them may have walked up, shook my hand praising what a great car it was.  Then they get behind the safety of their keyboard and start their crap again.  I would rather be dead than to know I was that big of a coward.  
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Kern Dog

Even if a few people had the balls to come up and talk trash, would you really want to deal with them? Many people that criticize are losers that have never built anything but a sandwich. Consider the source... :cheers:

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 19, 2017, 05:31:56 PM
Even if a few people had the balls to come up and talk trash, would you really want to deal with them?

I understand what you're saying but it would never get to the "talk trash" stage that they've done on the internet.  I had ALL the progression pictures of the build to refute ANY of the ridiculous accusations that they constantly try to spin.  Like I said earlier, there were 3 additional people at the Show who also had seen either a Factory Photo or the actual Concept Car many years ago.  One guy said he had read all the garbage on the internet but didn't want to get involved in the mess.  He said he knew he would cross paths with me one day and tell his story.  He said that 25 years ago when he worked for Chrysler (he lives in Detroit) that he held the black & white "file photo" and saw it for himself.  Another Gentleman who worked for Chrysler said that he had also seen the drawing when he visited one of the Top Chrysler Executives many years ago.  Are they all lying about it as well?  They seemed to have been quite sure of what they said they witnessed.

68RT440

My dad and I looked at the car up close in person at Carlisle this past weekend. I've been following your build since you started and thought that the idea was awesome from the beginning. When I found out that it was going to be at Carlisle, I told my dad about it and all of the negative Nancys on all of the forums. When he saw it in person, he really got a kick out of it, not only with the concept itself but the great workmanship. He says he thinks that they would have sold well had they produced them.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 19, 2017, 03:37:04 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 02:00:40 PM
I haven't seen the one on FBBO...Can you forward that link?  It is not their car nor their money....

Hi Justin.  It was forwarded to me in a link and I'm not going to waste the time sifting through my emails to find it.  I believe it was in the general section and called something like "I don't know how your going to like this".  I remember that who ever started the thread, didn't incorporate the correct usage of the word "You're".  Those are some really "smart folks" over there!  LOL   I don't understand how these upstanding individuals claim that I'm the trouble maker but THEY go out of their way to start these threads, and obsess over something they claim is so insignificant & unimportant.  If they continue to keep posting how unimportant it is, I'm probably going to have worldwide recognition in the next few days.  I guess I should thank them for spending so much of their time trying to convince others how insignificant and stupid this project really is.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/i-dont-know-how-your-going-to-take-this.134468/#post-910722599

The views appear to be split 50/50 over in this thread....Similar to the thread here.....Heck only 15 posted LOL so no one seems to care.....it is not like it is 30 pages or more...

I do not see the usage of "you're" unless it got edited later....There are a lot of good people over on that forum and it is rather childish to mock a whole site based on a couple of knuckle heads.

Dave honestly you have got to stop taking the bait from these people and ignore it....Even the ones forwarding threads to you....Enjoy the car and take it everywhere....No matter what kind of car it is people will have good things to say and others will have not so good things to say.....

BTW this is a very very very very very quite forum....not a lot of traffic and very few daily postings....Why is that?

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 07:05:19 PM
There are a lot of good people over on that forum and it is rather childish to mock a whole site based on a couple of knuckle heads.

I didn't "mock" the whole site.  I was referencing the person who started the insulting thread and those who followed his lead.  I'm sure it isn't 30 pages because it was only posted 24 hours ago.  If "no one" seemed to care, the thread never would have been started and "half" of the people wouldn't have posted on it.  "No one" would be ZERO.  I'm also surprised that anyone is even posting on that thread because the site owner threatened to ban anyone who even mentioned the project.  For the record Justin, that thread wasn't started as "bait".  Had I not been forwarded the link I never would have known about it.  I just find it odd that many of the people over there wanted me to "go away" yet they continue to bring me up.  Is it me they wanted gone or are they just wanting to bash someone without them being able to respond to their garbage?  They're cowards.  

And the reference to the word "You're" is actually in the title of the thread.  They used the word "YOUR" when it should have read "YOU'RE".  I only point that out because I find it comical that someone took the initiative to criticize my work of more than 6 years and they couldn't even use proper English (in a short sentence of less than 10 words) to do it.      :lol:

BDF

I think a lot of this drama could have been avoided if the car had been painted green.  :coolgleamA:  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: BDF on July 19, 2017, 08:11:01 PM
I think a lot of this drama could have been avoided if the car had been painted green.  :coolgleamA:  :Twocents:

I think I mentioned that earlier in some post/thread, triple F8 green inside and out, poverty caps and a slant 6, and the Mopar brethen would have been in a circle jerk... :rofl:

All kidding aside, Dave you just need to avoid the bait (although it's easier said than done DAMHIK), it doesn't matter  when, how, why or what you've built/said or done, there's always going to be haters for whatever reason, your accomplishments past and present speak for themselves... I still hear/read grief, love or hate 15 yrs later for what I did with a few nosecones and wings on a couple of 71 B bodies... life's too short to dwell on it, besides the mob always moves on to it's next distraction, enjoy the fruits of your labour

Again, job well done! wish I could have seen it in person...

Mike

ECS

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 19, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
Again, job well done! wish I could have seen it in person...

Thanks Mike.  I know that you and Justin are right.  I'm really not upset at the comments that are being made after this Show.  Too many great things are happening.  I just find it funny that NONE of them had the guts to approach me in person.  Like I said earlier, this Project has taken off in a direction that I never imagined.  It's moved way past anything that the "haters" can affect at this point.  The next few months will be fun!  :2thumbs:

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 19, 2017, 07:55:59 PM
There are a lot of good people over on that forum and it is rather childish to mock a whole site based on a couple of knuckle heads.

I didn't "mock" the whole site.  I was referencing the person who started the insulting thread and those who followed his lead.  I'm sure it isn't 30 pages because it was only posted 24 hours ago.  If "no one" seemed to care, the thread never would have been started and "half" of the people wouldn't have posted on it.  "No one" would be ZERO.  I'm also surprised that anyone is even posting on that thread because the site owner threatened to ban anyone who even mentioned the project.  For the record Justin, that thread wasn't started as "bait".  Had I not been forwarded the link I never would have known about it.  I just find it odd that many of the people over there wanted me to "go away" yet they continue to bring me up.  Is it me they wanted gone or are they just wanting to bash someone without them being able to respond to their garbage?  They're cowards.  

And the reference to the word "You're" is actually in the title of the thread.  They used the word "YOUR" when it should have read "YOU'RE".  I only point that out because I find it comical that someone took the initiative to criticize my work of more than 6 years and they couldn't even use proper English (in a short sentence of less than 10 words) to do it.      :lol:
I am camped at that forum everyday and didn't hear about or see that thread until you mentioned it.  So when only 15 people responded the point I am trying to make is FBBO has TONS of traffic versus this dead site and with only 15 posts that thread will disappear.  A lot will view it and just won't even post in that nonsense banter....

If you want it removed I would be glad to talk to Joey for you?

The grammar thing aside because really who cares....The part that irritates me is the constant "reposting" a thread just to illicit negativity.  The best thing for you to do Dave is do not even respond to the keyboard Cowboys here or anywhere.....Even if you do not respond in that thread just responding here those "cowboys" surf the forums and Wallah a thread is created or a nasty comment....Thats the "bait" I am referring to...you see a thread on another forum and then you post here, they take that bait and post on Moparts or another forum....They are just trolls...

Best thing is just simply ignore them and stop digging at them on another forum...as you can see it doesn't work or get better...Someone has to be the bigger person here...

ws23rt

Wow--
It is coming back as a smack down.
I gave up long ago hoping it would all wash out.

Who is flexing again here??  And for what value??

Is this not why --all the controversy happened?  I have posted about this car/project many times in the past. It was -never- about the car project.  It was about the posters smug attitude in how he responded to critique.
Here we go again.
Dave--you are god like . You have money and can do what most of us cannot. We get it--

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 10:52:04 PMBest thing is just simply ignore them

You're right Justin.  Like I said, I'm not really upset about anything that they say anymore.  I find it funny that they're still so bothered.  There are so many people who like the car and the few who continue to criticize it are inconsequential.  The project has moved far beyond anything they can hinder.  Thanks for the friendly advice Justin.  :2thumbs:  

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on July 19, 2017, 11:37:05 PM
......the posters smug attitude in how he responded to critique.

I sincerely apologize that I didn't respond with a kiss when kicked in the teeth.  

moparnation74

:cheers:
Quote from: ECS on July 19, 2017, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 10:52:04 PMBest thing is just simply ignore them

You're right Justin.  Like I said, I'm not really upset about anything that they say anymore.  I find it funny that they're still so bothered.  There are so many people who like the car and the few who continue to criticize it are inconsequential.  The project has moved far beyond anything they can hinder.  Thanks for the friendly advice Justin.  :2thumbs:  
:cheers: :2thumbs:

Troy

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 19, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

I didn't "mock" the whole site.  I was referencing the person who started the insulting thread and those who followed his lead.  I'm sure it isn't 30 pages because it was only posted 24 hours ago.  If "no one" seemed to care, the thread never would have been started and "half" of the people wouldn't have posted on it.  "No one" would be ZERO.  I'm also surprised that anyone is even posting on that thread because the site owner threatened to ban anyone who even mentioned the project.  For the record Justin, that thread wasn't started as "bait".  Had I not been forwarded the link I never would have known about it.  I just find it odd that many of the people over there wanted me to "go away" yet they continue to bring me up.  Is it me they wanted gone or are they just wanting to bash someone without them being able to respond to their garbage?  They're cowards. 

And the reference to the word "You're" is actually in the title of the thread.  They used the word "YOUR" when it should have read "YOU'RE".  I only point that out because I find it comical that someone took the initiative to criticize my work of more than 6 years and they couldn't even use proper English (in a short sentence of less than 10 words) to do it.      :lol:
I am camped at that forum everyday and didn't hear about or see that thread until you mentioned it.  So when only 15 people responded the point I am trying to make is FBBO has TONS of traffic versus this dead site and with only 15 posts that thread will disappear.  A lot will view it and just won't even post in that nonsense banter....

The grammar thing aside because really who cares....The part that irritates me is the constant "reposting" a thread just to illicit negativity.  The best thing for you to do Dave is do not even respond to the keyboard Cowboys here or anywhere.....Even if you do not respond in that thread just responding here those "cowboys" surf the forums and Wallah a thread is created or a nasty comment....Thats the "bait" I am referring to...you see a thread on another forum and then you post here, they take that bait and post on Moparts or another forum....They are just trolls...

Best thing is just simply ignore them and stop digging at them on another forum...as you can see it doesn't work or get better...Someone has to be the bigger person here...

This "dead site" still averages over 2.5 million page views a month. Yes, new threads and new posts have dropped off from years past but our unique visits and total hits have been consistent. If you notice, the number of useless posts in Off Topic has dropped significantly so that's not a bad thing! When I noticed it I verified that other site have seen similar results. I have all the data. :2thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparnation74

Quote from: Troy on July 20, 2017, 01:36:37 PM

I didn't "mock" the whole site.  I was referencing the person who started the insulting thread and those who followed his lead.  I'm sure it isn't 30 pages because it was only posted 24 hours ago.  If "no one" seemed to care, the thread never would have been started and "half" of the people wouldn't have posted on it.  "No one" would be ZERO.  I'm also surprised that anyone is even posting on that thread because the site owner threatened to ban anyone who even mentioned the project.  For the record Justin, that thread wasn't started as "bait".  Had I not been forwarded the link I never would have known about it.  I just find it odd that many of the people over there wanted me to "go away" yet they continue to bring me up.  Is it me they wanted gone or are they just wanting to bash someone without them being able to respond to their garbage?  They're cowards. 

And the reference to the word "You're" is actually in the title of the thread.  They used the word "YOUR" when it should have read "YOU'RE".  I only point that out because I find it comical that someone took the initiative to criticize my work of more than 6 years and they couldn't even use proper English (in a short sentence of less than 10 words) to do it.      :lol:

This "dead site" still averages over 2.5 million page views a month. Yes, new threads and new posts have dropped off from years past but our unique visits and total hits have been consistent. If you notice, the number of useless posts in Off Topic has dropped significantly so that's not a bad thing! When I noticed it I verified that other site have seen similar results. I have all the data. :2thumbs:

Troy

Your data means nothing to me.....Reminds me of Poll data.....
Its your own little world, all of your making....

Troy

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 20, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

Troy

Unlike opinion polls, this is factual data recorded in the sever and network logs as requests come in. It's actually recorded in four places - including the company that sends me the bill for hosting the server. I will be happy to forward all traffic to your home IP address and see if your internet connection can handle the load. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

alfaitalia

How has this thread degenerated into this childish school yard name calling...it's just about the car. You either like it or you don't...and either is fine. Car choice is a very personal thing. As I intimated in an earlier post it's not my cup of Darjeeling...but you can't fail to be impressed by the skill it took to make. When I reveal my 69 I think...no...I KNOW lots of you will not like it....hence no build thread like I've done on other cars....and I don't possess 10% of this builder's skills....but is what I want and I'm footing the bill....so when the time comes I will listen to the comments...say thanks for the nice one, ignore the bad ones and life goes on. The mistake made here it's the builder and others rising to the bait. Now I, of course,  have no power here but if I was in Uncle Troys shoes I might be thinking that this stays on topic or gets locked/deleted which would be a pity.....but I think it does us no favours as a group when some future searcher stumbles on this thread and the bickering....might put them off a very good forum for good. Rant over..it's nearly midnight here and I've had a crap day!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

moparnation74

Quote from: Troy on July 20, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 20, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

Troy

Unlike opinion polls, this is factual data recorded in the sever and network logs as requests come in. It's actually recorded in four places - including the company that sends me the bill for hosting the server. I will be happy to forward all traffic to your home IP address and see if your internet connection can handle the load. :D

Troy

Anything from you is..... Well, less than factual.....

Play with my IP and you will see what will come out of the state of Texas......If you cannot afford to operate the forum, there are others that will.. People that do not make ignorant comments as you did in your last statement...People willing to upgrade it from the dark ages ....People with the ingenuity, drive, and integrity to run a forum at 2017 standards.....I mean crap you have to go through hurdles to post a picture and it's 2017, lol....

Save you usual statement well it would cost the members or you will have all these ads..blah blah blah.....

JB400

Before this gets too far out of hand, I'm going to suggest that everyone think before you post. :Twocents:  We should be a lot smarter and not go down the road this thread is headed.

BDF

I just saw the video about this car and understand why red was chosen as well as a LOT more about the car now. Also, I was kidding about the 'green'. I do not ever intend to offend anyone though I have made poorly thought out comments on a couple of vehicles I have seen (the very customized Viper & odd red/black Daytona clone for sale) and apologise for that and I will strive to be more respectful in the future.
It is my opinion that ECS deserves ALL the success and awards being EARNED by the attention to detail and craftsmanship put in to their builds. I think sanctioned judging results matter more than opinions.  :cheers:
What's next?
:popcrn:

Aero426

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 20, 2017, 06:25:48 PM

..If you cannot afford to operate the forum, there are others that will.. People that do not make ignorant comments as you did in your last statement...People willing to upgrade it from the dark ages ....People with the ingenuity, drive, and integrity to run a forum at 2017 standards.....I mean crap you have to go through hurdles to post a picture and it's 2017, lol....

Save you usual statement well it would cost the members or you will have all these ads..blah blah blah.....

Every so often, there are posts that are insightful as to the real person behind the keyboard.     

This is like complaining that you didn't like the FREE music at the end of the FREE podcast that you enjoy.   :smilielol:

moparnation74

Quote from: Aero426 on July 20, 2017, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 20, 2017, 06:25:48 PM

..If you cannot afford to operate the forum, there are others that will.. People that do not make ignorant comments as you did in your last statement...People willing to upgrade it from the dark ages ....People with the ingenuity, drive, and integrity to run a forum at 2017 standards.....I mean crap you have to go through hurdles to post a picture and it's 2017, lol....

Every so often, there are posts that are insightful as to the real person behind the keyboard.    

This is like complaining that you didn't like the FREE music at the end of the FREE podcast that you enjoy.   :smilielol:
I bask in insightfulness :2thumbs: as far as the "real" person goes...Don't ASSUME...you just may be wrong but thats your loss not mine :2thumbs:

Uhh is free music really free? Terrible analogy....

ECS

Quote from: BDF on July 20, 2017, 08:51:32 PM
It is my opinion that ECS deserves ALL the success and awards being EARNED by the attention to detail and craftsmanship put in to their builds.

Thank you for your comment.  It's funny you mentioned a "green car" because we swapped out the green convertible from the original brochure and inserted a green variation of our 4 Door, in the brochure I had made up.  One other point I want to make (this is not directed at your comments) is that the car was never built because we found a story about Chrysler building one.  We decided to build a 4 Door Barracuda LONG before ever finding the article written by Roger Johnson.  I have no idea why I continue to be the target for being called a "liar", with respect to those who claim to have seen the actual Concept Car.  I didn't make up anything.  I have simply shared the information exactly the way that it has been presented to me by those people.  

One thing is for sure, we've come a LONG way from the day that someone claimed that "nobody" was making Concept 4 Doors of their 2 Door Sports cars.  Since then, I have PROVED that there was a Concept 4 Door Mustang, a 4 Door AMC Javelin, a 4 Door Corvette, a 4 Door Camaro and even presented an independent article from a 1969 Magazine that specifically talked about the "new" 1970 4 Door Barracuda.  Besides Roger Johnson's account of the car, I also had 3 other people (from the Show) who claimed to have seen the actual car or Chrysler Press photo of the 4 Door Barracuda.  If someone doesn't wish to believe those accounts, that's fine.  But let's be completely clear that I have never "lied" about anything that relates to the information I have received, passed along or the actual  build of the car.