News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Dave,

Great to finally meet you out in Carlisle !  You are in person just as you are here on the board and not in any way different.  The car is an absolute magnificent build that I'm sure no one would ever be able to out do.  The special details like the flyers, car brochure, etc was a cool touch.  I really had to look through it to spot the differences.  I can't wait to see what comes out of all those media contacts you've made from the car being on display out there.  I'm sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg for this car !  Just sit back and enjoy the ride now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on July 22, 2017, 11:21:11 PM
Dave,
Great to finally meet you out in Carlisle !  You are in person just as you are here on the board and not in any way different..........Just sit back and enjoy the ride now.

Thanks Brian.  I certainly will.  The link you sent on the fbbo forum is still going on.  LOL.  There is a person there that goes by ws23jrt that is either mentally deficient or doesn't understand what the word "root" means.  He continues to claim that I'm the "root" of the problem/controversy because I chose to stand up to their initiating, trouble making remarks.  They don't seem to understand that when a person is attacked for no reason whatsoever, that person might just fight back.  I wonder how they would have reacted If I went on one of their threads, about their cars, unsolicited and started criticizing the things they said or did?  The hypocrisy is hilarious.  

Again, the cowards were within a few feet of me at the Show, were afraid to confront me in person and then went home to start their garbage from behind their keyboard.  Whoever signed in over there to state what has happened (B Body Billy?) THANK YOU for doing so.  It's about time these trouble makers are called out for the rude instigators that they are.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Lennard

There are a couple of idiots on fbbo. It's best to ignore them.
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 23, 2017, 11:58:21 PM
Dave,
Great to finally meet you out in Carlisle !  You are in person just as you are here on the board and not in any way different..........Just sit back and enjoy the ride now.

Thanks Brian.  I certainly will.  The link you sent on the fbbo forum is still going on.  LOL.  There is a person there that goes by ws23jrt that is either mentally retarded or doesn't understand what the word "root" means.  He continues to claim that I'm the "root" of the problem/controversy because I chose to stand up to their initiating, trouble making remarks.  They don't seem to understand that when a person is attacked for no reason whatsoever, that person might just fight back.  I wonder how they would have reacted If I went on one of their threads, about their cars, unsolicited and started criticizing the things they said or did?  The hypocrisy is hilarious. 

Again, the cowards were within a few feet of me at the Show, were afraid to confront me in person and then went home to start their garbage from behind their keyboard.  Whoever signed in over there to state what has happened (B Body Billy?) THANK YOU for doing so.  It's about time these trouble makers are called out for the rude instigators that they are.
The bickering on both sides needs to stop.....The few posting negative comments about your car on multiple forums and you coming back and continually cracking back at them...

You have defended your position enough and obviously others are not going to change.....It is a waste of your time and energy to deal with these people.

Just like dealing with a THIEF now that is a complete IDIOT! :popcrn:

warmpancakes

My opinion doesnt matter, but i think the car is cool as heck,     you wanted it so you built it :2thumbs: people are just jealous

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 24, 2017, 07:48:39 AM
The bickering on both sides needs to stop.....The few posting negative comments about your car on multiple forums and you coming back and continually cracking back at them...
You have defended your position enough and obviously others are not going to change.....It is a waste of your time and energy to deal with these people.

I think it's up to me to decide when I've defended my situation "enough" Justin.  I've noticed that you too confront and bicker with anyone who crosses you in a manner that you don't feel is appropriate.  (Like the comments directed at Troy for the traffic this forum receives which had nothing to do with you personally).  It's easy to sit back and judge others when you're not in the line of fire.  Just like the car I built, it's my time and my energy to waste if that's what I choose to do.  There are times I sit back and say nothing and times I decide to fight back.  I learned a long time ago in this Hobby that when you sit back and let instigators re-write your history, you end up spending ten times the amount of time going back to correct their garbage information. 

I think it's time that those who continue to perpetuate the harassment, slander and stalking of this project for destructive purposes, be held accountable for their actions.     

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 24, 2017, 11:06:34 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 24, 2017, 07:48:39 AM

I think it's up to me to decide when I've defended my situation "enough" Justin.  I've noticed that you too confront and bicker with anyone who crosses you in a manner that you don't feel is appropriate.  (Like the comments directed at Troy for the traffic this forum receives which had nothing to do with you personally).  It's easy to sit back and judge others when you're not in the line of fire.  Just like the car I built, it's my time and my energy to waste if that's what I choose to do.  There are times I sit back and say nothing and times I decide to fight back.  I learned a long time ago in this Hobby that when you sit back and let instigators re-write your history, you end up spending ten times the amount of time going back to correct their garbage information.  

I think it's time that those who continue to perpetuate the harassment, slander and stalking of this project for destructive purposes, be held accountable for their actions.    
It was a suggestion Dave, are you not humble enough to take advice?  We all do the defense myself included...I would expect you as I did to point that out in a legitimate manner but not for comparison purposes...Geez just trying to help a "friend".....and your so defensive, bro....but I understand how these people frustrate you...

"Presumptuousness leads only to strife,+
But wisdom belongs to those who seek advice"

I have been on the firing end many times...That is why I can relate to your situation....

As far as traffic goes man FBBO is smoking today 321 viewing the site and only 4 bots :2thumbs:  

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 24, 2017, 11:34:52 AM
It was a suggestion Dave, are you not humble enough to take advice?

Of course I am Justin.  Part of the problem is that some think that I'm suppose to think the way they think, believe what they believe and do what they want me to do.  I'm not one to place myself in another person's personal affairs.  I see HUNDREDS of posts where I could give my "critique" but why would I?  If people are happy doing what they want with their situation, then I'm happy for them.  That's one of the things I never understood about this Project.  Why did complete strangers make it personal to themselves (in a negative way) when they were never asked to spend a second of their time or penny from their pocket on it?  Do people really not have anything better to do with their life than obsess and put their nose in other people's business?  I guess not.........  :shruggy:

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on July 24, 2017, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 24, 2017, 11:34:52 AM
It was a suggestion Dave, are you not humble enough to take advice?

Of course I am Justin.  Part of the problem is that some think that I'm suppose to think the way they think, believe what they believe and do what they want me to do.  I'm not one to place myself in another person's personal affairs.  I see HUNDREDS of posts where I could give my "critique" but why would I?  If people are happy doing what they want with their situation, then I'm happy for them.  That's one of the things I never understood about this Project.  Why did complete strangers make it personal to themselves (in a negative way) when they were never asked to spend a second of their time or penny from their pocket on it?  Do people really not have anything better to do with their life than obsess and put their nose in other people's business?  I guess not.........  :shruggy:
True....

ECS

I can't wait to see what comes out of all those media contacts you've made from the car being on display out there.  I'm sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg for this car !

Some of the coverage started right before the Show and others are just now starting to surface.  We also should be in the Hemming's Magazine sometime soon, along with a few other International Publications.  The day we left for the Carlisle Show, I found out that we were accepted to compete in the SEMA Battle of the Builders Competition.  It should be fun!

[/COLOR][/FONT]

DAY CLONA

Great to hear that Dave!(Steve B included!)...enjoy the fruits of your labour, and relish in the limelight...OK enough puns   :icon_smile_big: great job as expected

Mike

lukedukem

I got the latest issue of hot rod magazine and there's nothing in it about your car. Just the other two. Wtf

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

HPP

Quote from: lukedukem on August 08, 2017, 06:22:29 PM
I got the latest issue of hot rod magazine and there's nothing in it about your car. Just the other two. Wtf

Luke

Yea, just the cover photo. They hosed your article man.

ECS

Quote from: HPP on August 09, 2017, 08:48:07 AM
Yea, just the cover photo. They hosed your article man.

I'm not sure why it wasn't in this issue.  They did write an article (linked below) that has been running on their website for the past couple of months.  There are other articles being written by the Gentleman in the video posted below.  His name is Rich Truesdell and he is a reputable writer for the Automotive World.

https://vimeo.com/227200271

http://www.motortrend.com/staff/rich-truesdell/

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopar-made-4-door-barracuda-think-yes/

ECS

I got the latest issue of hot rod magazine and there's nothing in it about your car......

I received an email from the Editor-In-Chief at HOT ROD saying there was an ""unfortunate production mistake" in this months Magazine.  They are running the story in the up-coming December issue, which will be out in October.  The "mix-up" will allow us additional/double coverage right before the SEMA event in November. 

ws23rt

Quote from: ECS on August 09, 2017, 02:07:17 PM
I got the latest issue of hot rod magazine and there's nothing in it about your car......

I received an email from the Editor-In-Chief at HOT ROD saying there was an ""unfortunate production mistake" in this months Magazine.  They are running the story in the up-coming December issue, which will be out in October.  The "mix-up" will allow us additional/double coverage right before the SEMA event in November. 

Congrats on the cover shot on Hot Rod.  Your car project deserves coverage such as this.
I look forward to how they handle the story of your build.

RallyeMike

QuoteQuote from: lukedukem on Yesterday at 02:22:29 PM

Yea, I flipped went through it three times trying to find anything on the car. I thought I had finally lost complete touch with realiity and just put it down. Argh - I'm going to read the Petty article and then toss it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on August 09, 2017, 06:09:43 PM
Congrats on the cover shot on Hot Rod.  Your car project deserves coverage such as this.
I look forward to how they handle the story of your build.

Thank you very much!

resq302

Ahh.  Ok.  so thats who that guy was who they were videoing going around your car.  Really cool and down to earth guy.  Wealth of knowledge about cars and other automotive stuff.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ws23rt

I'm looking forward to the whole story of this build in Hot Rods upcoming print article.
If Hot Rod chooses to include the controversy that followed this build it would sell lots of copies.
I have read many stories behind car builds and this one has an extra spark/interest from the beginning.  People (the public) like soaps--it sells.

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 26, 2017, 01:08:36 PM

I have seen this topic discussed here and several other sites. Some places have guys tossing around some real ignorant criticism.

Hi Greg.  I want to Thank You for taking the time to follow up and ask questions.  You had started a few threads asking about the SEMA Show.  On the FBBO forum they shut you down pretty quick.  More concerning than the "criticism" has been the lies that continue to be circulated about this car and what we did.  Someone had claimed that I fabricated "stories" concerning the history of this Concept.  They obviously have confused "sharing information" with fabricating lies.  I've never expressed a single lie about the Concept history I shared regarding this car.  Roger Johnson wrote about what he saw in 1969.  Mechanix Illustrated (October 1969) wrote a couple of commentaries where they mentioned that Plymouth manufactured a "NEW" 4 Door Barracuda for 1970.  A few past Chrysler Employees said they had either seen the Concept car or saw a Black & White photo of the car.  I SHARED that information with others.  I never fabricates falsehoods about ANYTHING that I shared.  Whether someone chooses to believe the information I provided is a different story but to say I lied about what I shared is 100% false.

Someone had also claimed that I was "selling" the Factory Brochures of the 4 Door Barracuda that I had printed.  That was an absolute lie.  I had T Shirts, Brochures and Literature printed that advertised the car.  We GAVE these items away at the Shows FOR FREE to anyone who wanted to take them.  FOR FREE!!!!  We NEVER charged anyone a penny for the items we spent thousands of dollars on to have printed and given away at the Shows.

We even had a guy named Dan Pausch tell us that we used the wrong rear seat design for a Barracuda that came with a front bench seat.  They avoid telling me in person but do it from behind their keyboard........how typical.  And this guy is supposedly a "Senior Judge" for an OE judging program?  What a joke.  The same rear seat design was used for a bench seat, that was used for a bucket seat design.  The point is that MANY people have fabricated falsehoods about the manner that this car was presented, how it has been promoted and the manner in which it was built.  We're currently at the MCACN Show and as usual, not ONE "internet critic" will walk up to me and discuss the issues they have spent YEARS criticizing me about.  For the record, the SEMA Show was fantastic.  The car was received quite well and was filmed for 4 different Velocity Shows to be aired in the next few months.

ACUDANUT

I'll take Dan Short any day over Worman.

maxwellwedge

I saw the car at MCACN this past weekend. Fantastic job Dave! Thanks for the tour.....the crazy amount of work, detail... and of course money that went into the car is way above and beyond a ground up restoration. Kudo's to you and Steve on the endeavor  :2thumbs:
The only thing that did not have to be figured out and custom fabricated was the Barracuda emblem on the fender!
Cheers  :cheers:
Jim Bodanis

ECS

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 20, 2017, 09:17:52 AM
I saw the car at MCACN this past weekend.
Cheers  :cheers:
Jim Bodanis

Thanks Jim!  It was great getting to see & talk to you this weekend.  It's always a pleasure spending time with you and catching up on things.  Your cars (as always) are awesome!!  I just walked back to the Hotel from the Convention Center (a few minuets ago) and saw that your PERFECT 1969 Yenko Camaro was still sitting a few yards from where we were displayed.  I hope you didn't forget to take it Home with you!?!?!  If so, I will GLADLY load it up in our trailer and bring it back to St. Louis.  :2thumbs:  :lol:

68RRFlyer

Hey Dave,

Nice meeting the whole crew that got my A12 Bee up to snuff with that dead-nuts on perfect exhaust, much needed glass,  and the necessary decals I needed for a few harnesses.   As promised,  I'll forward pics to you.  Thanks again and amazing work on that car!!

Cheers
Dave
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100