News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on November 21, 2017, 10:38:35 AM
Hey Dave,

Nice meeting the whole crew that got my A12 Bee up to snuff with that dead-nuts on perfect exhaust, much needed glass,  and the necessary decals I needed for a few harnesses.   As promised,  I'll forward pics to you.  Thanks again and amazing work on that car!!

Cheers
Dave

You're too kind Dave!  Your car was an absolute work of art.  I am humbled that you chose our products to use on your Masterpiece.  It was gorgeous!!!  :2thumbs:   I really appreciate you taking the time to forward the photos.  I will proudly display them on our website.  Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Dave!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: ECS on November 20, 2017, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 20, 2017, 09:17:52 AM
I saw the car at MCACN this past weekend.
Cheers  :cheers:
Jim Bodanis

Thanks Jim!  It was great getting to see & talk to you this weekend.  It's always a pleasure spending time with you and catching up on things.  Your cars (as always) are awesome!!  I just walked back to the Hotel from the Convention Center (a few minuets ago) and saw that your PERFECT 1969 Yenko Camaro was still sitting a few yards from where we were displayed.  I hope you didn't forget to take it Home with you!?!?!  If so, I will GLADLY load it up in our trailer and bring it back to St. Louis.  :2thumbs:  :lol:

Thanks Dave. I know the Camaro is in good hands now - in MO - Lol!
Frank B and I were speaking last night and we both realized that we forgot to ask how the mat project is coming along.
Again - great job - a HUGE effort!

ECS

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 22, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

Frank B and I were speaking last night and we both realized that we forgot to ask how the mat project is coming along.

Thanks Jim.  It sounds like the Yenko will be with Mr. Gibson for a while.  Roger will be stopping by my Office today so I'll get to ask him about it firsthand.  As far as the trunk mats are concerned, I think I have FINALLY found a quality rubber supplier.  Things should start progressing quickly now.  I promise they will be "as good" as the originals.  No more having to spend thousands on NOS units!

resq302

Quote from: ECS on November 19, 2017, 01:26:21 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 26, 2017, 01:08:36 PM

I have seen this topic discussed here and several other sites. Some places have guys tossing around some real ignorant criticism.

Someone had also claimed that I was "selling" the Factory Brochures of the 4 Door Barracuda that I had printed.  That was an absolute lie.  I had T Shirts, Brochures and Literature printed that advertised the car.  We GAVE these items away at the Shows FOR FREE to anyone who wanted to take them.  FOR FREE!!!!  We NEVER charged anyone a penny for the items we spent thousands of dollars on to have printed and given away at the Shows.

We even had a guy named Dan Pausch tell us that we used the wrong rear seat design for a Barracuda that came with a front bench seat.  They avoid telling me in person but do it from behind their keyboard........how typical.  And this guy is supposedly a "Senior Judge" for an OE judging program?  What a joke.  The same rear seat design was used for a bench seat, that was used for a bucket seat design.  The point is that MANY people have fabricated falsehoods about the manner that this car was presented, how it has been promoted and the manner in which it was built.  We're currently at the MCACN Show and as usual, not ONE "internet critic" will walk up to me and discuss the issues they have spent YEARS criticizing me about.  For the record, the SEMA Show was fantastic.  The car was received quite well and was filmed for 4 different Velocity Shows to be aired in the next few months.

Dave,

If you were selling the stuff then I must have stolen a whole bunch of stuff at Carlisle. Lol. Seriously though, everyone there was telling people to take the flyers and other stuff like the shirts. Everything was FREE!!!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

cbrestorations

its about as cool as seeing a restored 4 door satellite. kinda wonder why??? but respect the time and work that went into it.  :shruggy:

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on November 22, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
If you were selling the stuff then I must have stolen a whole bunch of stuff at Carlisle. Lol. Seriously though, everyone there was telling people to take the flyers and other stuff like the shirts. Everything was FREE!!!

You must be talking about things said on the "other" forum.  This garbage happens all the time.  I have never charged a penny to anyone who took our FREE T Shirts, Brochures or other handouts.  Some people start threads about me & my car, spend days ignorantly criticizing phantom aspects and when I finally decide to RESPOND to their instigating  remarks, they claim that I'M the one who starts the confrontations.  They are mentally retarded in their reasoning or are just arrogant fools that think they're above reproach.  Then I'm told not to "take it personal".  If someone had a Neighbor that walked up and proactively (without solicitation) said how wrong you decorated your House or how you screwed up your front lawn landscaping, would you take it personal?  Some of these people are idiots!

One person who I refer to as "the Shell answer man" had the crass to say that I used the "wrong" rear seat in my 4 door project.  He said I should have made the front edge of the rear seat, match the stock front edge of the front bucket seat.  Based on what?  I decided to use the standard design rear seat that was used with a standard bench seat on MY project, funded with MY money and built on MY time.  This arrogant idiot seemed to think HE was somehow empowered to tell me what I should have done.  Keep in mind that they say I'M the arrogant one because I have the audacity to RESPOND to those that act like they have more authority on MY projects than I do.  Even more hilarious is when he said the back seat should have exhibited a "custom" design but then claimed the "custom 118 inch wheelbase" should have exhibited a stock design.  He completely contradicted his own "logic" for how the car should have been built.  Who made him the "Design Leader" for areas of MY never built custom car?  For the record, the wheelbase IS a stock Chrysler configuration for a 4 door vehicle.  It's NOT custom!  I have made it perfectly clear that the car was built on a 1972-1976 4 door Coronet platform.  And what's the "stock" wheelbase on a 4 door Coronet?  118 inches!  I guess the "Shell answer man" was wrong on all fronts.  I guarantee he's wrong about ANYTHING that I decide is correct for MY custom projects.  And some have claimed that these guys are the most knowledgeable about E body cars "on the Planet"?  What Planet?  Mars, Jupiter or some other place with a population of zero?

ws23rt

One thing is as clear as a bell. Dave is on top of the mountain of -the 4 Door Barracuda- It is all his.
No better 4 door barracuda has ever been made. It is the gem that all that follow will be judged by.  This is OE correct period. Any critique? :slap:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: ECS on November 22, 2017, 11:13:36 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 22, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

Thanks Jim.  It sounds like the Yenko will be with Mr. Gibson for a while.  Roger will be stopping by my Office today so I'll get to ask him about it firsthand.  As far as the trunk mats are concerned, I think I have FINALLY found a quality rubber supplier.  Things should start progressing quickly now.  I promise they will be "as good" as the originals.  No more having to spend thousands on NOS units!

That's great news!!....I know you won't release a product unless you are 100% satisfied that it will be spot-on.
By MO - I meant that you saw it and took it home - Lol!

ECS

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2017, 08:43:47 AM

By MO - I meant that you saw it and took it home - Lol!

The joke is definitely on me.  I thought when you mentioned "MO" that it might be going to Roger's place.  When he stopped by yesterday and I asked him about it, he didn't have any idea what I was talking about!  That's when I realized what you actually meant.  LOL  The closest thing I have in my collection to a 1969 Yenko Camaro, is a 5800 mile 1969 Z/28.  Your ground pounding 427 Yenko dwarfs the size of that 302 and is about 10 times rarer.

maxwellwedge

I can imagine Rogers reaction - Lol!!
That car is a beauty. I have a 69 Z survivor too....they are great cars.

ECS

Quote from: warmpancakes on July 24, 2017, 08:11:52 AM
My opinion doesnt matter, but i think the car is cool as heck,     you wanted it so you built it :2thumbs: people are just jealous

Everyone's opinion matters whether good or bad.  We just received a TOP 10 Car for Mopar and a TOP 10 New Products release in the same venue.  It's a first for me and I feel very humbled and honored for the accolades.  They continue to write some really nice things about the car as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcY9YbIBKCf/

ECS

Quote from: cbrestorations on November 22, 2017, 03:28:56 PM
its about as cool as seeing a restored 4 door satellite. kinda wonder why??? but respect the time and work that went into it.  :shruggy:

There have been some nice commentaries done on the project.  Here is one from Hurst Historian and Author Richard Truesdell.

https://vimeo.com/227200271

Charger-Bodie

Just saw a short piece on the crew cab barracuda. It was on the show Motörhead garage.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ECS

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 24, 2017, 09:16:29 AM
Just saw a short piece on the crew cab barracuda. It was on the show Motörhead garage.

Thanks CB.  I will post a marker of that clip as soon as I get it converted.  Thank you very much and have a Merry Christmas!

ECS

I think this might have been the one you referenced.  There will be a few others that run through July of 2018.  Thanks! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6OKyjVUg4

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ECS on December 28, 2017, 09:44:45 PM

I think this might have been the one you referenced.  There will be a few others that run through July of 2018.  Thanks! 

No. They interviewed you in the one I saw.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

ECS

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 28, 2017, 10:25:05 PM
Quote from: ECS on December 28, 2017, 09:44:45 PM

I think this might have been the one you referenced.  There will be a few others that run through July of 2018.  Thanks!  

They did quite a few while we were there so I'm not sure which interview it might have been.  It sure has been comical to see read all the out takes (on different venues) from people who don't know anything that occurred.  Someone said they doubted I did more than 10% of the car's construction.  While I was not exclusive in its build (who is?) there wasn't ONE piece or part that I was not 100% involved with.  I wonder where they think the "crazy" detailing features came from?!?  LOL........  The upcoming coverage will be fun to see & rediscover.

resq302

Nice to see this car getting all the media coverage finally.  Should be interesting to watch on TV.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on December 28, 2017, 11:57:50 PM
Nice to see this car getting all the media coverage finally.  Should be interesting to watch on TV.

Happy New Year Master B!  It's nice to come to DC where things can be presented as they are.  It's comical to read "pre-written" information from other venues that have ZERO fact based commentary concerning the conditions surrounding the build and/or responses of the project.  I guess some folks resort to deceitful and false measures to explain away their instigating libel.  It changes nothing.......full steam ahead.  I believe the next project should be even more dazzling than this one.

https://youtu.be/hQ_NsNM4OTw

ACUDANUT

I find a 4door: Corvette, Mustang and Camaro would be your next step.  :cheers:

ECS

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 29, 2017, 02:31:53 PM
I find a 4door: Corvette, Mustang and Camaro would be you next step.  :cheers:

I just received my "custom" made rubber material for the Trunk Mats that I've been working on for quite some time now.  I couldn't be more pleased.  It took MONTHS but I had the rubber reproduced PERFECTLY!  The design on the back, thickness, firmness, etc......  No more having to spend $2500 on NOS versions.  We're going to even do all of the different printing designs to make sure the artwork is exact.  And to think it all happened on the final day of the working year!  Very exciting news........ :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ECS on December 29, 2017, 03:47:33 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 29, 2017, 02:31:53 PM
I find a 4door: Corvette, Mustang and Camaro would be you next step.  :cheers:

I just received my "custom" made rubber material for the Trunk Mats that I've been working on for quite some time now.  I couldn't be more pleased.  It took MONTHS but I had the rubber reproduced PERFECTLY!  The design on the back, thickness, firmness, etc......  No more having to spend $2500 on NOS versions.  We're going to even do all of the different printing designs to make sure the artwork is exact.  And to think it all happened on the final day of the working year!  Very exciting news........ :2thumbs:

This is great news!!!

ECS

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 28, 2017, 10:25:05 PM

Here was one I posted where someone had said it was "WRONG/UNPROVEN....COULD NOT FIND ANY PROOF!" that my 4 Door Barracuda was as Custom as any other vehicle at the 2017 SEMA Event.  The point is that there was in fact "PROOF" of a Velocity Television Producer that claimed my 4 Door Project was more "Custom" than ALL of the other cars he had investigated at the 2017 SEMA Event.  Since he was there and had seen all the other cars, I would say his "opinion" holds more validity than someone who wasn't there and base their "opinion" on nothing more than jealous disregard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqBciQJ5yXs

Charger-Bodie

That's not the one I saw either.