News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon

I think it's great, can't wait till the unveiling!
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

thedodgeboys

Congrats on finishing her up, I wish I could be at the revile party

Kern Dog

Quote from: thedodgeboys on April 19, 2017, 12:34:05 AM

Uhhh...

re·vile
rəˈvīl/
verb
criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.
"he was now reviled by the party that he had helped to lead"
synonyms:   criticize, censure, condemn, attack, inveigh against, rail against, castigate, lambaste,

Are you sure you mean that?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 19, 2017, 02:38:35 AM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on April 19, 2017, 12:34:05 AM

Uhhh...

re·vile
rəˈvīl/
verb
criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.
"he was now reviled by the party that he had helped to lead"
synonyms:   criticize, censure, condemn, attack, inveigh against, rail against, castigate, lambaste,

Are you sure you mean that?

LOL  :lol:

Lighthorseman

I seem to remember a fair bit of controversy over this one, so...

Perhaps there's a reveal party for those who are on the "yea" team...

...and a revile party for those on the "nay" side.  :shruggy:

Kern Dog

ECS

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

lukedukem

Finally some pics. Lol. Nice work.
Just one question, why a four door without a/c.  How did y'all pic what options it would come with?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Kern Dog

That is funny, I noticed that too! I know the car is never going to be a driver so maybe A/C was omitted because it clutters up an engine bay?
I like the choice of the Magnum/Road wheels.  Looks great. I wish I could have seen it up close.

ECS

Quote from: lukedukem on April 21, 2017, 08:01:05 PM
Finally some pics. Lol. Nice work.
Just one question, why a four door without a/c.  How did y'all pic what options it would come with?

Luke

After doing the Challenger in 2008, I realized it was very difficult to find nice NOS A/C components.  It wasn't an option that we felt was necessary with a "performance" type 340 Engine.  We decided to go with some options that were a bit unorthodox for a Barracuda.  There were not too many made with a Bench Seat and a Column Shift setup.  There were ZERO built with a Tilt Telescopic Steering Column or Redline Tires.

johntpr

Just incredible.  Congrats to your whole team.

Charger_Fan

Man, that turned out spectacular, nice work! :cheers:

Looking that that front seat...I think I have the same one, just in white. It came with my yellow project Charger (just tossed inside), and I had no idea what it came from. I was assuming an A-body, but now I'm thinking an E-body.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

r4daytona

That look so good it looks Photoshopped.  Awesome job.

Lighthorseman

That is simply outstanding craftsmanship.   :2thumbs:

Baldwinvette77

bristol

That looks awesome. Love me some four doors.  I don't feel like searching tons of pics but do most four doors have the door windows higher than the windshield?

Any possibility you'll be making posters or anything like that?  I'd like to have that last picture hanging in the garage.  :drool5:

Back N Black

I love this build, amazing craftsmanship!

ECS

Quote from: Back N Black on April 23, 2017, 09:22:29 PM
I love this build, amazing craftsmanship!

Thanks!  We had everything set up for Jay Leno & Bob Riggle to do the unveiling but Leno had to leave early.  Instead, we had a local Las Vegas radio "celebrity" do the introduction and things proceeded without a hitch.

Kern Dog

Who is the guy in the red shirt with the big arms?    :nana:

resq302

Dave,

Congrats on the finished project !  It looks every bit of stellar as I thought it would turn out.  Considering its a 4 door, I think everything is exactly proportionate as it should be just like it would have been on any other 4 door car that I've seen. 

How was Jay Leno?  Was he as down to earth as he appears to be on TV?  What was his thoughts on the car? 

Way to make history again, my friend !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Kern Dog

I saw Jay Leno at the Van Nuys  Spring Fling several years ago. I was with 2 friends, he was with a guy. I pointed to Jay who was about 30 feet  away and said to my buddies...HEY, that guy owes me FIFTY bucks! Jay was fast to respond....Yeah, thats why I'm walking THAT way!as he turned between cars and kept walking.

Homerr

Really excellent work!

That said, I see why they didn't build it!  (But I'm glad you did.)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Homerr on April 26, 2017, 01:05:25 PM
Really excellent work!

That said, I see why they didn't build it!  (But I'm glad you did.)

I here ya on that one. Has the look of the ginger step daughter about it.....you still love her but.....!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

johntpr

ACUDANUT