News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Apparently, this thread is for display only. :slap:  Look but don't touch.

303 Mopar

Quote from: ws23rt on January 02, 2018, 06:14:09 PM
Apparently, this thread is for display only. :slap:  Look but don't touch.

And it's won "major" awards... :o
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

alfaitalia

All got a bit out of hand this thread didn't it ?......and the top edge of the windshield is still far too low in comparison to the side glass! Other than that...she's a diamond.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

303 Mopar

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 02, 2018, 06:23:39 PM
All got a bit out of hand this thread didn't it ?......and the top edge of the windshield is still far too low in comparison to the side glass! Other than that...she's a diamond.

He's been booted out of many other forums because of his narcissistic attitude, yet he continues to find amusement here. Carry on.....
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

ws23rt

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 02, 2018, 06:23:39 PM

Thanks for continuing a "discussion" in a thread under  "car guys discussion"
If not here?--where should a discussion take place? :scratchchin:

ECS

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 02, 2018, 06:27:21 PM

He's been booted out of many other forums because of his narcissistic attitude......

Do we really need to deflect with falsehoods to cover fact?  Let me the first "narcissist" to say that this 4 door design is hated by many people.  The features are extremely ugly in its overall appearance.  There are some who wouldn't be caught within 500 yards of it without feeling like they needed to take a hot shower.  It is the most hideous of designs and wouldn't sell if Chrysler ever did offer it to the public.  It was a horrible waste of time & money!  ALL of that is TRUE to some folks and I'm perfectly comfortable with that fact.

Hopefully we can move forward now.  Where I draw the line is being told how I should feel about the information that's been shared with me or that I have to feel the same as some of you do.  If you feel different about the story or the people who told it or what they claim to have seen, then don't believe any of it!  That's fine!  When I give my interpretation of the subject, some of you get all bothered and bent of of shape because you can't force me to agree with your views.  Some here might need to take a real good look at where the "narcissistic" behavior really starts from.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

JB400

Lets set aside this car for a little bit.  What else do you have in the project line up? :popcrn:

ECS

Quote from: JB400 on January 02, 2018, 08:23:17 PM
Lets set aside this car for a little bit.  What else do you have in the project line up? :popcrn:

We've been working on a 1969 (original) Pontiac Trans Am throughout the duration of this car as well.  Final assembly should be much smoother.  It will represent a Factory restored car when complete.

One thing I've recently been discussing is constructing another 1971 Convertible Hemi Cuda that was never built but mimics an original version without distinction.  It would be similar to the Shelby "continuation" cars that came out years back but never confused for being a "real" Hemi convertible car.  I would have to get legitimate build certification and the vehicle would be made with all correct paperwork, metal tags, etc.....  Not a "clone" but a continuation/different numbered car.   We'll see on this one.  

Along with the car construction, we have some really neat (needed) parts that will be coming out for Chrysler and GM.  

ws23rt

Hey ECS
The story you are sticking with about how your inspiration for this project started is an -OLD- story that has been discussed over and over. :eek2:

You ask--that we may "Hopefully" move forward.---This is good--We all should.

Question---why do you insist on bringing the old story back to the front? :brickwall:
The obvious (elephant in the room is you).

Look back at the last few pages with an open mind. You are showing your work ---that is one thing. (a fine creation indeed by execution) But you added poking sticks with your words that are obvious and clear provocations to start back up a fight that has already composted. Stirring old compost will not make it fresh again.  It will always be the same old stuff.

I am one that has jousted with you in the past but my intent was to engage with your manner in dealing with questions. --Nothing to do with your project.

Question--Do you have a list of critics that you need an apology from?  If so and they gave you one would you be able to relax and move on with your life in peace?

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on January 02, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
Question--Do you have a list of critics that you need an apology from?

No Sir!  Not in the least!  The points of contention that were printed in "red" were from one person.  I have no idea why anyone other than that "one person" would feel responsible for what was said.  No one posting here should feel responsible for what was written about.  I apologize if that was not cleared up prior to posting it.  I can also assure you that I have no problems with those who debated the looks of the roof or the "story" that was given by Roger Johnson, etc.......!  I thought it became confrontational when I would answer the questions, only to find it was a lead in for someone wanting to argue and push their opinion/agenda on MY project.  It was never important to me that everyone was in agreement with everything.  If that were the case, I would stay at Home and never do anything again.  LOL.......

ECS

I am one that has jousted with you in the past but my intent was to engage with your manner in dealing with questions.

I also wanted to say that you and I do not really even know one another.  I apologize if I ever came across too rude.  It's hard enough to make Friends in such a diverse industry and silly things like this should never be the type of controversy that comes between two car Enthusiasts.  :2thumbs:

ECS

Hey ECS
The story you are sticking with about how your inspiration for this project started is an -OLD- story that has been discussed over and over. :eek2:

I also wanted to properly convey the "inspiration" for this project.  I believe there is still confusion surrounding our original goal.  We planned on building this concoction before ever learning about the concept article written by Roger Johnson in 2007.  Below is the complete story of how this project came to fruition.  Thanks!

http://4doorcuda.com/blog/?m=201704

ws23rt

Quote from: ECS on January 02, 2018, 09:15:41 PM

I am one that has jousted with you in the past but my intent was to engage with your manner in dealing with questions.

I also wanted to say that you and I do not really even know one another.  I apologize if I ever came across too rude.  It's hard enough to make Friends in such a diverse industry and silly things like this should never be the type of controversy that comes between two car Enthusiasts.  :2thumbs:

I am compelled to respond to your response.
Thank you for being gracious. We do indeed not know each other. We fought a battle that was aside from the topic. --That is all a part of the nature of this venue.
I have been given a title as being a "troll" early on in my exploring the internet.--I was offended at first because it felt derogatory.  But speaking up is what conversations are all about and that is what we have here.  A place to speak.

Speaking is only one-half of a conversation.--- As it turns out, in reality, listening is a bigger half.

ws23rt

Quote from: ECS on January 02, 2018, 09:33:15 PM
Hey ECS

I also wanted to properly convey the "inspiration" for this project.  I believe there is still confusion surrounding our original goal.  We planned on building this concoction before ever learning about the concept article written by Roger Johnson in 2007.  Below is the complete story of how this project came to fruition.  Thanks!

http://4doorcuda.com/blog/?m=201704

LET IT GO--     PLEASE--- :slap:

JB400

ECS

Quote from: JB400 on January 02, 2018, 10:04:57 PM
Got any pix of the TA? :popcrn:

Tons of them.  I make sure that everything is documented (as well as possible) before removing a screw.  I'll probably do some sort of blog for others to follow who are going through the same phases of a Factory restoration. 

One of the "new" products we will be manufacturing is Factory correct Exhaust Systems for the 1967-1969 Pontiac Firebirds.  We're looking forward to it.

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on January 02, 2018, 10:00:45 PM

LET IT GO--     PLEASE---

I can certainly do that but will never while my facts are falsified or mis-construed.  Thanks!

ws23rt

Quote from: ECS on January 02, 2018, 10:30:34 PM

I can certainly do that will but never while my facts are falsified or mis-construed.  Thanks!

And there we have it.--- ::)

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on January 02, 2018, 10:36:02 PM
Quote from: ECS on January 02, 2018, 10:30:34 PM

I can certainly do that will but never while my facts are falsified or mis-construed.  Thanks!

And there we have it.--- ::)

Let me make myself perfectly clear.  Don't confuse kindness for stupidity.  What you do with your cars is your business and concerns no one else.  Have the same respect for others.

pettybird

He's been booted out of many other forums because of his narcissistic attitude, yet he continues to find amusement here. Carry on.....

You mean he's allowed to display it here.  Shame should have pushed the moderators here to kick him a long time ago.  His continued presence is a festering wound on this forum. 

JB400

Quote from: pettybird on January 03, 2018, 01:19:26 AM

You mean he's allowed to display it here.  Shame should have pushed the moderators here to kick him a long time ago.  His continued presence is a festering wound on this forum. 
But he's also a contributing member in the proper restoration of our cars for members who are looking for period correct replacement parts.  Some tolerance of his antics would be appreciated.  Just look at past nuisances for example.  Cody is still here. I'm still here as well, even though most don't like my games.  I do plan on doing a build thread when I'm capable of doing so, but in the mean time, I'll have a little fun with those that want to have fun, and learn a little bit while doing so.

Dave is just as welcome here as anyone else, in my book.  I'd also lobby to get Tufcat back here as well, if Troy would consider doing so.

Tom Q

Many of you critics have shown a blatant disrespect to Dave's passion and talent  with a whole lot of  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

He is well within his rights to respond as he does.  :nana:

I am not a friend of Dave, I have never met him and probably won't, but his passion and work is well beyond most of you on a good day even with your checkbook in hand.

There are a couple of you that i would to meet in person to see if you are just as mean in real life or just when hiding behind the keyboard. Some folks on here need a vacation and it's not Dave. :eek:

A little moderating by a sane individual - good luck with that - would help. Look how long that toxic person tuffcat or tuffy i forget - was allowed to spew his venom before he got booted.  :smash: I see he is over on the b body forum being allowed to be his usual mean self. Just like the crap I had to hear from one of you regarding the how to tune a six pak guide - telling me the guide is wrong but never actually providing better information.   :blahblah:

The real problem here is most of you not Dave.   :brickwall:

Thank you Dave for your passion and cool cars.  :2thumbs:

Please carry on children...

Lennard

Lot's of big egos in this topic.  If you don't like this forum and the way it's moderated,  stay on fbbo with all the other cranky ancient know it alls.

Mopar Nut

What I like about this Dave, you saw a vision and brought it to fruition. You used parts that you either made or bought and not take advantage of members on other forums. Too bad some members see the need to steal parts to make their dream come true and TRY to belittle others. What other projects are you working on, can't wait to see them.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ECS