News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Adjusting Hex Bolt Questions.....

Started by A383Wing, March 26, 2017, 01:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

What was the original "color" of the large hex adjusting bolt for the wing? I'm sure it got painted "wing color" at Creative when the cars were assembled, but I was wondering what the original finish was on the bolt before painting. (black, cad plated, zinc)?

Also, is there supposed to be a washer between the bolt and the upright? Lock washer or flat washer?

Bryan

RS23VOA

Supposed to be black with a lock washer.  I replaced mine with Stainless.

cudavic

Quote from: RS23VOA on March 28, 2017, 09:42:51 AM
Supposed to be black with a lock washer.  I replaced mine with Stainless.

Make sure to use some never seize or you may just strip out the threads or break the bolt if you ever have to remove the stainless steel hardware.

hemigeno

Quote from: A383Wing on March 26, 2017, 01:09:10 PM
What was the original "color" of the large hex adjusting bolt for the wing?

Either Zinc Phosphate (which is black) or clear/silver cadmium would probably be considered acceptable.  I have seen silver cad for sure...  all three of these are original wing bolts / capscrews, with different markings:

Quote from: A383Wing on March 26, 2017, 01:09:10 PM
Also, is there supposed to be a washer between the bolt and the upright? Lock washer or flat washer?

We used just a plain flat washer on mine - although I don't think it would hurt to use a lock washer instead if that's what you wanted.

A383Wing

hemigeno, the adjusting bolt in my race wing looks like the far right bolt in your picture above.....there is no "line" in the serrations on mine

I went to my local nut & bolt store the other day and came away with a couple black phosphate hex screws that are very close to what mine is, the serrations on the new bolt (on the left) are finer than my OE bolt on the right