News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just called the previous owner of my 1969 Charger R/T

Started by LeesRT, March 26, 2017, 02:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeesRT

I bought my 1969 Charger R/T in 1983 from this Mopar guy.  I haven't talked to him since I bought it.  I thought I'd give him a call to see if he had any history on my car or if he knew where my original power train was.  He said he needs to do some research, but he may know where my original engine, 4-speed trans and rear end might be.  He was also quite excited to talk to me since he always wondered what happened to the car he once owned.  He has a new project that he bought.  He found an original 1969 Charger R/T, 426 hemi, 4-speed body that he's going to build.  I think we will become good friends.  He already wants to come over to visit and share Mopar stories.  I'll post more if things progress in finding my original power train.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BDF

lukedukem

Ask him to join the forum and see if he wants to share his progress on his car

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cbrestorations

That's cool, I tried contacting the last owner of my 69, when cleaning out the car I found his log book from trucking and a bank statement. I found him on Facebook and messaged him but I think he may have passed away, I saw he hasn't been on Facebook in 4 years

Baldwinvette77

Thats awesome! i'd like to find the guy who owned my car, not much to go on besides it was a bondo bucket red 68, but it would be cool to see pictures of when it was in one piece!  :yesnod:

birdsandbees

COOL DEAL !!

When I want to talk to my 'Bee's old owner I have to go out to the cemetery, but at least I get to talk to Dad, Mom and my kid Sister in the same place.  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

1969 R/T SE

ht4spd307

fantastic now you got me going so i dug my way around the web and found the original owner of my car but because I'm outside the US i cant access any phone numbers or email addresses can any one help over that side of the pond as I'd love to at least email the guy

tcs69rt

Those are great pics! Will be watching this thread. I bought my 69 R/T almost 20 years ago in Las Vegas for basically the original MSRP price. It had the original faded and cracked vinyl top and a $200 orange peel paint job. It ran well and was registered. The guy I got it from was the nephew of the original owner. Nephew paid $1000 for it in 1974. The original owner was a Chrysler mechanic in Vegas who ordered it triple black, stripe delete, auto, A/C car. I told the nephew that I would make it pretty again. But maybe he should try ebay to get 10 to 12 grand for it. Nephew said I should take the 69 R/T, he did not trust the internet. On 9/11 I received orders to Europe and the Charger remained in Vegas at a buds house for almost 6 years. It was repainted and stored until my return. I contacted the nephew in 2006 and he proceeds to tell me that since the car has gone up in value I owe him an additional 20 to 25 grand now. He went off telling me that I screwed him over on the sale and his attorney was coming after me. I hung up on him, that was 11 years ago and I still have the car. Would kill for pics of it back in the 70's.  :brickwall:

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Kern Dog

I would enjoy having some jerkoff try to squeeze me for more money. He would end up a humiliated, shriveled mess.

TPR

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 30, 2017, 03:03:53 AM
I would enjoy having some jerkoff try to squeeze me for more money. He would end up a humiliated, shriveled mess.

I read that too quickly and thought you said you would enjoy having someone jerk you off and squeeze you for money!
:smilielol:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Laowho

TPR

Quote from: Laowho on March 30, 2017, 06:29:05 AM

:hah:

Funny. I saw shriveled mess.

That was the end result.
Sorry KD, just stirring you because I know you can take it.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Kern Dog

Some funny guys here. I like that. Smart alecks and pests make the world more interesting.
I've never been jerked off by a man. I just thought I'd put that out there for everyone to know. :D

family_dodge

v21hemicharger

Hey Lee, I have a 69 RT motor that I had built for my GTX.  PM me your VIN and I'll see if it is a match.  Mike  Where is the old owner located.  I'm going to start my Hemi car after the AAR.

tan top

Quote from: LeesRT on March 26, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
I bought my 1969 Charger R/T in 1983 from this Mopar guy.  I haven't talked to him since I bought it.  I thought I'd give him a call to see if he had any history on my car or if he knew where my original power train was.  He said he needs to do some research, but he may know where my original engine, 4-speed trans and rear end might be.  He was also quite excited to talk to me since he always wondered what happened to the car he once owned.  He has a new project that he bought.  He found an original 1969 Charger R/T, 426 hemi, 4-speed body that he's going to build.  I think we will become good friends.  He already wants to come over to visit and share Mopar stories.  I'll post more if things progress in finding my original power train.

:2thumbs: good stuff  :cheers: :popcrn:

Quote from: v21hemicharger on April 03, 2017, 05:46:01 AM
Hey Lee, I have a 69 RT motor that I had built for my GTX.  PM me your VIN and I'll see if it is a match.  Mike  Where is the old owner located.  I'm going to start my Hemi car after the AAR.
:o  if the vin starts  with  219*** pm me the rest  :yesnod: :cheers:  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

v21hemicharger

LeesRT

Thanks for checking Tan Top and Mike (V21 man).  I believe my engine may be in New Mexico in a 1970 Challenger R/T.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the previous owner to confirm that.

UFO

[/quote]
  :o  if the vin starts  with  219*** pm me the rest  :yesnod: :cheers:  ;)
[/quote]

If it's not your vin and really close then pm me. :2thumbs:

LeesRT

No, I'll give you the first three.  317***.  Thanks for trying though.