News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of you have forgotten about parts you obviously acquired?

Started by Dans 68, March 28, 2017, 01:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

A very sheepish moment occurred when I was cleaning house in a storage unit of mine. I found it in a box with a rag wrapped around it. Heavy. "WTF is this" I thought. Behold, a 742 case holding a 2.76 rear diff. Nice. I still don't remember where I picked it up, but it is good to know I have it.  ;)  And I still do remember that I have a bare 400 block sitting also in the unit - can't help but always notice that.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Kern Dog

When the nearby wrecking yards still had some rear wheel drive cars, I was a real junkyard dog. I spent every Saturday morning making the rounds to see what I could find. I always had some project going on. I often brought stuff home and when I went to put it away, I'd see that I already had one of them, maybe two!

challenger70

All the time, usually rigjt after I buy another of whatever it is :brickwall:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

71charger_fan

When I retired after being overseas for about 9 years I had my storage items delivered to the house. In my storage goods was a complete set of mounted winter tires for my Neon R/T which I have no memory of buying.

Sublime/Sixpack

I'm a pretty organized guy, but I do run across parts and tools that I completely forgot I had. Especially after my father passed away and I got many of his tools. There's just not enough space to have everything accessible and in sight.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

daveco

Not car parts, but I saw a nice set of precision machinist squares on sale and bought a set. I wanted to keep these nice new ones in reserve for truly precision use so I went to put them in the cabinet where I keep my best tools.
There was already an identical set in there. :shruggy: Totally, no recollection of buying that first set. :rotz:
R/Tree

HANDM

I do it with construction supplies all the frickin time.....

chargerperson

I have a set of NOS 67 Charger hubcaps but I have since restomodded with wildwood brakes which requires 17" wheels so the NOS hubcaps are still in the attic. Remembered the other day when we were emptying the attic to insulate it

RallyeMike

I pretty much have the opposite problem. I remember virtually everything I've ever sourced, but sometimes can't remember if I peddled it, gave it away, or still have it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Old Moparz

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 28, 2017, 09:12:53 PM
I pretty much have the opposite problem. I remember virtually everything I've ever sourced, but sometimes can't remember if I peddled it, gave it away, or still have it.

That's happened to me as well.  :eyes:

The one item I remember spending many hours looking for & never found was an absolutely mint, A-Body console. I got it out of a junkyard car in the mid 80's with plans on putting it in a column shift car I had, but it turned out to be more of a headache than expected so I never bothered. I had "thought" I stored the console & went crazy looking for it. This was before I had my garage so I had parts in the shed, basement, attic, the garage I was renting, & a few things at my Mom's house out of state.

My conclusion was that I probably sold it at a swap meet one year just to stop tripping over it.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

family_dodge

It's a problem for the kids of the pack-rats—my dad had replacement parts scattered in different garages. After he passed away, there's not really a good way to match the parts to all the different projects he had going. But, I suppose, I'm like that as well ...

Dino

Luckily no big ticket items. A few years ago I bought a small part that I thought I already had but could not find. I did find it about a week later whie installing the part I just bought.   ::)
I have since started selling everything I do not need. If it doesn't go on my car then it needs to be gone. There are always good deals to be found but a better deal is not to waste money on something that's going to take up space for a few decades. No point in that!

I'm getting down to the last few parts. A few master cylinders I bought but since decided to get something else. A dual snorkel and a few little pieces here and there. The original roll up window regulators and seat belts I may keep seeing they belonged to the car. It's nice not having all this junk laying around. I should probably get rid of a bunch of tools as well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.