News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what someone just pulled from the junkyard

Started by TruckDriver, March 28, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: b5blue on April 17, 2017, 05:17:19 PM
Do a search here on the mirrors. They are NOT A Body. Drivers side adjuster cables are different lengths  A from B Body and B Body Pass. side is shaped very different from A Body. (It must be angled more to be usable.)

While I've heard this, and never really seen an pics or docs to "address" this quagmire of difference suggested by some, I'll let the FACTORY parts manuals "speak"...here's the factory pn#s and the car lines that share the parts, here you'll see that the 70 A body and 70 B body share the same racing mirror pn#s

The passenger side CHROME A/B body racing mirror is pn# 3586174 that's absent from the listing (why who knows) but the primed drivers and pass (rt. side) PN#'s are listed and are the same among the A and B body racing mirror 1970 usage

You'll see that even some of the "standard" drivers/pass A/B body mirrors are the same pn#, and shared...

b5blue

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65719.0.html is my topic and shows parts in my hands. I have had all 4 at one time to look at.  :lol: My pass side mirror works, I can see into my blind spot with it on the car.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: b5blue on April 18, 2017, 04:07:45 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65719.0.html is my topic and shows parts in my hands. I have had all 4 at one time to look at.  :lol: My pass side mirror works, I can see into my blind spot with it on the car.

I don't know what you or your post was trying to convey? other than the known fact that the A/B RACING MIRRORS are not the same shape left to right, yes this often confuses buyers thinking they don't have a matching set (which seems how your post started, until you were enlightened), or a mirror from another application, the factory purposely angled the PASSENGER RACING MIRROR for use on the A/B platforms, E bodies are like this in 1970 also regarding the RACING MIRRORS only

The part numbers are above for your inspection, if you think remote cable length is an indication, not, compare an assortment of the same mirrors, most cable lengths vary, perhaps different vendors, perhaps the operator making the mirror had to recut the lines?, human production/operator assembly tolerances change to meet unexpected situations...

b5blue

No worries, thanks for the pics. I bought several for cheap off ebay and found R&L for my 70.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

IMO, they just don't look like they belong on a 68-70 Charger. :yesnod:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 19, 2017, 09:33:31 AM
IMO, they just don't look like the belong on a 68-70 Charger. :yesnod:

People say the same thing about the 70 RT door scoops...but it's things like this that make the 70 Charger the pinnacle of the 2nd gens

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dodge Don

ACUDANUT

My 70 Charger had the door scoops on it back in '85.  I just left them on.  Don't know if help the looks or not.  I do like the original door scallops though.  :scratchchin:

tsmithae

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 19, 2017, 11:08:52 AM

People say the same thing about the 70 RT door scoops...but it's things like this that make the 70 Charger the pinnacle of the 2nd gens

:yesnod:

X4
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

hemi-hampton

krops cars

These are the pictures I have. Not the best.

krops cars

JB400

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

djcarguy

krops cars

Still gathering info. and parts. Will be finally putting engine into green car. Should have running by end of month.

6pkrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 24, 2017, 08:58:31 PM
X5. :2thumbs:

I actually never liked the door scoops on 70's. I prefer the door indentions myself. I have had (4)-70's, (5)- 68's & (2)-69's over the years and my red 70' has always had them on it so they stay.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Ghoste

I used to feel the same way about the 1970 door scoops.  I've learned to love them but still prefer the scallops myself.

gtx6970

Quote from: krops cars on March 31, 2017, 12:44:56 PM
Hi I' am new to the site. I own this car. My plans are to try and find the original fender tag and vin. I will not have numbers made up. If I can not find original information I will revin and just document what I have. The number stamping's are all there. The car is straight and not smashed or twisted. It will need trunk pan, frame rails, rear valance, and some other minor pieces. A lot of Chargers out there need trunk pans and rear quarters. I do not know why I wanted this car I just do. Some guys just get it and some don't. As for the response of leaving that piece of shit there. Well it is people like us that build cars for you to buy and not break your nails doing repairs.

Revin it ?   With or from what  ?

IMO without the original vin and fender tag its nothing special
Again IMO only

edit, I went thru entire post and see the original vin number has been determined ?

krops cars

Only put the scoops on because they came with a lot of R/T parts I bought. I made a mistake and put the 69 emblems in them. They look way cooler. They come real close to the fender when you open the door. I never thought I would put on the scoops until I got a set. I thought they looked real cool. Each there own.

djcarguy

krops cars

Sorry, I have been wanting to work on it. I had cancer surgery in October. If I wouldn't of had that done I would have gad the green one done. Hopping to start in January. Thanks for asking. I'm not complaining.

krops cars

The black pics are from the guy who drove it to the junk yard. The pink one is from the guy who sold it to him.