News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what someone just pulled from the junkyard

Started by TruckDriver, March 28, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Quote from: krops cars on March 31, 2017, 01:26:33 PM
I apologize for that comment. I have a hard time with people slamming other peoples projects. I seen it personally so one has a vehicle they worked hard to do. Some people will point out all the faults and not say good job or how much nicer theirs is than  yours. I love cars all cars. If someone bought them done or built them it is just awesome.

Do not apologize. There are too many keyboard critics that love to bash the efforts of others. Screw them. If a person has the drive and the passion to fix up a car with their own time and money, nobody has the right to piss on their efforts. I see cars that are great and some that I don't like. I have seen people post stuff that I thought was ugly but I'd never tell them that to their face or even online. I see it like a kid that brings home a handmade crayon drawing for his Dad. The picture is obviously not a Picasso but the Dad would be a heartless asshole to criticize it. The kid made it out of love and appreciation for his Father.
Same goes here: A man wants to share some work he did on his car or to tell about his plans for a project. The man has passion for these cars the same as we all do, yet a few dickless members have to pick it apart because they are emboldened by the anonymity of the internet.
Some of the critics would get more positive attention if they phrased their objections in a better way. The phrases that I like to see are:
Great work!
Not my way of doing it but glad you are having fun!
You have some impressive skills, good luck!
I see plenty that I do not like but I respect the  love, passion and skill it takes to get there. I've never cared for Mexican Low Rider cars but those guys spend big money on them. The craftsmanship is often unreal.Big lifted 4x4s are also not my thing but I can appreciate the engineering.

polywideblock

Quote from: krops cars on March 31, 2017, 12:44:56 PM
Hi I' am new to the site. I own this car. My plans are to try and find the original fender tag and vin. I will not have numbers made up. If I can not find original information I will revin and just document what I have. The number stamping's are all there. The car is straight and not smashed or twisted. It will need trunk pan, frame rails, rear valance, and some other minor pieces. A lot of Chargers out there need trunk pans and rear quarters. I do not know why I wanted this car I just do. Some guys just get it and some don't. As for the response of leaving that piece of shit there. Well it is people like us that build cars for you to buy and not break your nails doing repairs.

by "has number stampings"  does  that mean it has   rad support or trunk lip with partial vin ?

hope you noticed I never called car names or bagged it ( well the colour maybe   :rofl:). was just stating a fact, there were no pink cars offered over here we associate pink with other things ;)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

VegasCharger

Quote from: krops cars on March 31, 2017, 12:44:56 PM
Hi I' am new to the site. I own this car. My plans are to try and find the original fender tag and vin. I will not have numbers made up.

Hello and welcome aboard.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I think your motivations towards this Charger are awesome.

Good luck to you and I hope you find the tags.  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 31, 2017, 11:34:25 AM
I think the 70 Chargers in FM3 look great. Always amazed at how many FM3 cars are/were restored by Show & Go Restorations in Red Deer Alberta Canada. They seem to have a thing for FM3 cars.

Kori is the master of FM3 cars in my opinion :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cncguy

If it had a vin tag I'd be interested in buying it.

hemi-hampton

I love Pink Mopars. Congrats on picking it up. Good luck on finding the VIN & the Restoration.  :2thumbs: LEON.

krops cars

Kern Dog, Great comment. It will be awhile, I' am trying to finish another Charger I have been working on for awhile. I owe a lot to Charger-Bodie. He has answered any question I have had or helped me with any thing I needed. He himself does awesome work. When it is time I know I can count on him. My daughter really wants to help build this car. So it will be our project together.

F8-4life

Fm3 cars always seem to be mostly a & e bodies, or maybe a satellite or coronet.
Fm3 chargers are a special breed and they hold a unique spot in mopar history- they are one of the wildest/rarest colors ever available on the final year of the most beautiful charger ever made...plus the girls like them too.
Like you said, some guys get "it" some guys don't.
No doubt this car needs to be restored.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: krops cars on March 31, 2017, 09:56:35 PM
Kern Dog, Great comment. It will be awhile, I' am trying to finish another Charger I have been working on for awhile. I owe a lot to Charger-Bodie. He has answered any question I have had or helped me with any thing I needed. He himself does awesome work. When it is time I know I can count on him. My daughter really wants to help build this car. So it will be our project together.

Family project......even better! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TPR

Welcome aboard Krops. Looking forward to seeing this thing take shape when the time comes.
In the meantime, we would love to see pictures of your current Charger resto if you have the time.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

krops cars

This pic is of the four speed hump I installed. Original owner used a hatchet or something.

Kern Dog

Quote from: krops cars on April 04, 2017, 02:08:33 PM
This pic is of the four speed hump I installed. Original owner used a hatchet or something.
I don't see any pictures.

krops cars

Dodge Don

Through pictures provided of the sequence number stamped into the trunk rail and rad support I found the full VIN and had a copy of the dealer invoice for the car which includes the major options and the name of the person the car was originally sold to. I have provided to the new owner. 383-4bbl car....factory FM3 Pink 500. 1 of 54 built.

Happy ending. :cheers:

70 Charger Registry

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 06, 2017, 07:03:21 PM
Through pictures provided of the sequence number stamped into the trunk rail and rad support I found the full VIN and had a copy of the dealer invoice for the car which includes the major options and the name of the person the car was originally sold to. I have provided to the new owner. 383-4bbl car....factory FM3 Pink 500. 1 of 54 built.

70 Charger Registry

Nice work! Hope to see some progress pics!
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

F8-4life

^
Damn, thats a major lost & found moment right there

JB400

I wonder if they can file for a lost title now with the info they received.

ACUDANUT

I'd RATHER OWN A FM3 Pink Panther than a Pea Green Car. :2thumbs:

sdweatherman

Awesome Awesome Awesome work Don. One more big reason these registries are so important.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: sdweatherman on April 06, 2017, 08:03:44 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome work Don. One more big reason these registries are so important.

Very cool stuff!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 06, 2017, 07:03:21 PM

70 Charger Registry

Nice!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Baldwinvette77

krops cars

Don, Really appreciate what you did for me. It made my day.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Johnnymopar

With the full vin and options sheet, MMC Detroit can reproduce a fender tag.
Can a company reproduce the dash vin plate now that the full vin is documented?

I think it would be awesome for this car to be resurrected as close to stock as possible. It is the start of a journey, good luck.  Another one saved hopefully, and a rare pink one at that!