News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what someone just pulled from the junkyard

Started by TruckDriver, March 28, 2017, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Johnnymopar on April 08, 2017, 11:06:48 PM
Can a company reproduce the dash vin plate now that the full vin is documented?

www.datatags.com  might, again might do a VIN tag depending on the documentation available, having a title in hand is a plus...

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

krops cars

I just purchased the original dealer invoice for the car. Do I go totally original or do I put a 69 440 engine and transmission in it?

70 sublime

If you do not have the original 383 numbers matching motor I do not think a period correct 440 would hurt the value any in the end
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dodge Don

Quote from: krops cars on April 14, 2017, 08:36:37 AM
I just purchased the original dealer invoice for the car. Do I go totally original or do I put a 69 440 engine and transmission in it?

Before there are any misunderstandings...I had a digital copy. Someone else had found the invoice and sent me a scan which I provided to krops. The person with he actual paper decided to ask for money to release it. I never charge for reuniting documentation or information with the car.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 14, 2017, 08:41:17 AM
If you do not have the original 383 numbers matching motor I do not think a period correct 440 would hurt the value any in the end

Personally, I'd go all out FM3 R/T, 440/6 pistol grip 4spd. dana, rallyes, go wing, white top, white interior, hood call outs, body side white pin stripes, door scoops, 70 only racing mirrors, wheel lip mouldings, rocker mlds,...but that's me

RCCDrew

If all this effort is for original paint, don't you want the rest to be original too? Or as original as possible?

RallyeMike

Unusual cars like this one deserve at least a mostly stock restoration  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

ACUDANUT

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 15, 2017, 12:24:26 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 14, 2017, 08:41:17 AM

Personally, I'd go all out FM3 R/T, 440/6 pistol grip 4spd. dana, rallyes, go wing, white top, white interior, hood call outs, body side white pin stripes, door scoops, 70 only racing mirrors, wheel lip mouldings, rocker mlds,...but that's me

Learn something new all the time. Never heard of 70 only racing mirrors.  :scratchchin:

JR

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 16, 2017, 07:56:04 PM

Learn something new all the time. Never heard of 70 only racing mirrors.  :scratchchin:

They were a midyear option for 70s. A fairly rare option to find today. They look like this.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Kern Dog

I love those mirrors. I plan to use them on my car soon. One thing I find interesting is how small the mirrors are on classic cars compared to new ones.

darbgnik

Quote from: JR on April 16, 2017, 08:45:00 PM

They were a midyear option for 70s. A fairly rare option to find today. They look like this.

Those are the mirrors on my car. I assumed when I bought it, the previous owner installed Ebody mirrors.........
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

DAY CLONA

Quote from: JR on April 16, 2017, 08:45:00 PM

You don't see too many 70 Charger's sporting them.....they are just the A body racing mirrors offered mid year, and only on select colors

JR

If I could find a set, I'd run them.

They seem to be very rare and hard to find in decent shape, so I never really bothered searching for a set.

Kern Dog

JR

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 17, 2017, 12:07:26 AM
They are available NEW from PG Classics.

Got a link Kern Dog? All I can find on their site are 71-74 b body mirrors, and A and E body mirrors. I'm on mobile so I maybe overlooking it.

Kern Dog

You have to order them as an A body application. The stands/pedestals for the 67-76 A body cars match the 68-70 B body door.

JR

Awesome, thanks.

I may have to get a set now. I had given up on ever getting them years ago.

darbgnik

Something to keep in mind though, the mirror glass is tiny, even compared to the standard ones.
Brad

Kern Dog

The mirror glass is oval and I'd guess it has a larger surface compared to the round mirrors.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: darbgnik on April 17, 2017, 01:45:33 AM
Something to keep in mind though, the mirror glass is tiny, even compared to the standard ones.

Guess you never saw the movie GumBall Rally (Cannonball race)...the Italian guy driving the Ferrari tears the rear view mirror off and says to his co pilot "whatsa behind me no matter!"

JR

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 17, 2017, 08:51:32 AM
Quote from: darbgnik on April 17, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Guess you never saw the movie GumBall Rally (Cannonball race)...the Italian guy driving the Ferrari tears the rear view mirror off and says to his co pilot "whatsa behind me no matter!"

Awesome movie!

https://youtu.be/AjGXn249Fc0

darbgnik

Hahaha. It don't matter to me, but the one time my brother drove the car, he hated it. With the rear sail panels and those tiny vibrating mirrors, he hated lane changes. Or reversing under my 4 post lift......
Brad

JR

In that case, put him in a Gen 5 or 6 Camaro and see what he thinks.

Those things are like driving a munitions bunker with such poor visibility.

It's really telling when they come with a backup camera standard.

But in his defense, driving around in a second gen is what got me in the habit of looking over my shoulders for lane changes. I never rely on the mirrors alone anymore.

A practicality sacrifice in the name of style. Worth it though.

b5blue

Do a search here on the mirrors. They are NOT A Body. Drivers side adjuster cables are different lengths  A from B Body and B Body Pass. side is shaped very different from A Body. (It must be angled more to be usable.)