News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a 68 charger in a junkyard!

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 31, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

or... maybe on?  

Anyway, my first charger find! old school style, i drove around and spotted it, no internet was harmed  :lol:

i talked to the junkyard owner, and he will sell the whole car, or whats left of it anyway, but only if another guy who came before me doesn't cut the roof off of it first.

he got it from a body shop that used it as a parts car, along with 2 others and a coronet that were already crushed,

i would like to get it out of there, he said call back towards the end of April and if the dude who wants to decapitate it doesn't show up, im next in line.

J.Bond

That's been there for years...

That's 10 min from where you live!!!! :nana:

You should get out more..

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: J.Bond on March 31, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
That's been there for years...

That's 10 min from where you live!!!! :nana:

You should get out more..

yeah well I CALL DIBS!  :lol:

Do you know anymore about it?

J.Bond

No I don't know anything about that car.
Just driven by it for years.
I assumed that, seeing where it was, that you would have been all over it.
Also noting, that you have made it as far as Erin for those other yards! how could you not know?

Any ways, first time I saw the car, was an early Saturday morning heading to a car show, following my uncle in his 60 Elcamino and being followed by Ron (big sugar) in his 66. It was a moment that just sticks in your mind. Early morning, the sound of a couple of big blocks, twisty country roads, and a glimpse, that makes you take that second look, and smile for the next couple of miles.

Baldwinvette77

if i knew about it i would have had it by now  :rofl:

i have a plan for it, and im crazy enough to at least try and pull it off  :lol: , plus im all for saving a car from the crusher, so i'll see, hopefully everything works out, it'd be sad to see it killed... i mean.. even more  :lol:

GordonGriggs

why not offer the junk yard owner  a new amd roof for the car, plus a little bit of money?

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: GordonGriggs on April 02, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

why not offer the junk yard owner  a new amd roof for the car, plus a little bit of money?

You know, the owner has accounts with local body supply places, im not sure why he just doesn't order a new roof for the guy  :shruggy:

maybe he wants the a pillars and inner structure? apparently he called during the winter and said he'd get it in the spring, maybe he's even changed his mind or found another, im not sure but im going to wait a couple weeks like i was asked and see

brad mcintyre

should ask the guys name maybe some body here knows him

lukedukem

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 02, 2017, 05:09:13 PM
Quote from: GordonGriggs on April 02, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

You know, the owner has accounts with local body supply places, im not sure why he just doesn't order a new roof for the guy  :shruggy:

maybe he wants the a pillars and inner structure? apparently he called during the winter and said he'd get it in the spring, maybe he's even changed his mind or found another, im not sure but im going to wait a couple weeks like i was asked and see

He might not want "AMD junk"
He might want that factory fit

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

krops cars

Baldwinvette77

gun slinger

just hooked him up with a pair of fenders  :cheers:

70B5Cuda

1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

gun slinger

he said he did and came over today to pick up a set of fenders off me.

bull

I'm curious to know what a wrecking yard would ask for something like that.

Baldwinvette77

yeah i made a deal with the junkyard owner, its still there though, its on a grassy hill and the ground is still too soft to get it down, plus its raining even more right now, but he has my information and said he'd call me as soon as its down.

GeneralLee440

Are you gonna build a Daytona like Steve??? He did start with a 68 :yesnod: there is your beginning
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: GeneralLee440 on May 04, 2017, 04:09:44 PM
Are you gonna build a Daytona like Steve??? He did start with a 68 :yesnod: there is your beginning

not a daytona, but i did pick up a 2006 chrysler 300c with a 5.7 hemi that will donate the entire chassis, interior, electrical systems.. everything except the body really  :lol:

keepat

Congrats! Is that a Pontiac GTO hood in the Charger?
Pat

Baldwinvette77

it is, a 68-70 style, i wonder where the rest of it is  :lol:

Daytona R/T SE

Looks to me like you totally fucked up a pretty nice looking 300. :scratchchin:

HANDM

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 13, 2017, 11:17:03 PM

Right?
Hopefully you don't end up with a rusted out hulk of a Charger and a ripped apert 300 as yard art  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: HANDM on May 14, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 13, 2017, 11:17:03 PM

Right?
Hopefully you don't end up with a rusted out hulk of a Charger and a ripped apart 300 as yard art  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I believe that's his parent's front yard where the "art" is being displayed.  :Twocents:

Lennard

I don't think he bought that 300 from your money, so what ever he does with it... is his business.
They made millions of them so no harm there either.