News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a 68 charger in a junkyard!

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 31, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Can a shorter thicker rad be used so there is not so much below the front bumper or is there a lot of other car stuff in that area ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: JR on May 22, 2017, 10:10:53 PM
Good luck on this build, I'll be watching for updates.

Also, I can't help but imagine what the neighbors thought once you started chopping up a decent looking, newish car in your driveway.  :icon_smile_big:

honestly i was the only person who didn't care about the 300, everyone else mourned the loss of the "shiny, nice looking" luxury car

I've actually started calling the car "The Anti-Chrysler" partly because of that  :lol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 23, 2017, 07:29:18 AM
Can a shorter thicker rad be used so there is not so much below the front bumper or is there a lot of other car stuff in that area ?

im not sure, its a combination of the rad, a/c condenser and the electric fans,  :scratchchin:

Pat1973charger

This is awesome baldwinvette. If or whenever I get my 69 restored I have wanted to done something similar to a wasted charger. Got my eye on one now if I can get it for right price. Stevearino did a great job on his looks so good. I also seen a roadrunner done really nicely somewhere.

Stevearino

Quote from: Pat1973charger on May 23, 2017, 05:11:52 PM
This is awesome baldwinvette. If or whenever I get my 69 restored I have wanted to done something similar to a wasted charger. Got my eye on one now if I can get it for right price. Stevearino did a great job on his looks so good. I also seen a roadrunner done really nicely somewhere.

This was done by West Coast Restorations out of Florida (no affiliation to West Coast Customs) Very nice job.

Baldwinvette77

That is a freaking awesome roadrunner, thats the one that was shortened to a 115" wheelbase though, no?

Nothing really ground breaking, but i drove it to a friends place, got it an extra 1.5" lower and decided to play dress up with it just to see if i like how it sits  :scratchchin:

and yes Pat you should totally do one of these  :drive:

also screw uploading pictures  :lol:

Stevearino

Ye
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 26, 2017, 03:06:31 PM
That is a freaking awesome roadrunner, thats the one that was shortened to a 115" wheelbase though, no?

Yes it was a total pro job done on a rotisserie.

The simplest trick on the photos is to get it up on your computer screen. Hit the print screen button on your keyboard. Most computers have a simple paint program. Paste it there. Crop it. Save it as a JPEG to your desk top. The photo will be at the resolution of the screen which is small enough to load here. I always hover over the saved photo to make sure it is just under 200 kb. If not I just paste it to the paint program and crop it a little tighter until it is under 200 kb. Super simple.  

By the way it is starting to look good with the height.

Baldwinvette77

Thanks man! i'll have to try that next time  :scratchchin:

djcarguy

Baldwinvette77

Again, nothing major, i traded some absolute garbage that noone will ever use ever to 70sublime for less useless garbage that i stuck on the car, also i welded the tail panel to the 300 for to keep it from collapsing..

mostly just testing out steves method of posting pictures 

Baldwinvette77

70sublime failed to deliver on b-body door lock parts so i experimented with the chrysler 300 door parts and honestly it was a hell of alot simpler than i could have ever imagined  :lol:

now i just have to make them permanent

Stevearino

Now if you connect the harness back up to the door latch you will have remote door locks and when you open the door it will show up on the dash as being open. :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Stevearino on May 30, 2017, 07:51:03 PM
Now if you connect the harness back up to the door latch you will have remote door locks and when you open the door it will show up on the dash as being open. :yesnod:

Holy crap dude, that would be sweet  :coolgleamA:

70 sublime

Don't go blaming me for all your silly ideas  :hah:

Did you ever put power to the trunk latch to see if it works ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 31, 2017, 07:35:51 AM
Don't go blaming me for all your silly ideas  :hah:

Did you ever put power to the trunk latch to see if it works ?

Not yet, i killed the battery somehow  :rofl:

Stevearino

The trunk latch will work if installed upside down from the new car configuration.

Stevearino

The key barrel can be used also. I don't have a picture of it  but I had to make a little arm from the barrel to the mechanism to actuate it. You will figure it out.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Stevearino on May 31, 2017, 03:55:09 PM

The key barrel can be used also. I don't have a picture of it  but I had to make a little arm from the barrel to the mechanism to actuate it. You will figure it out.

i wanted to use the 300 lock, but it doesn't have a key, just the solenoid and an emergency cable if the battery dies, 70sublime gave me one from an imperial that can be used with a key.  :scratchchin: maybe i can get one off a junkyard lx charger

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: bull on April 30, 2017, 08:39:53 PM
I'm curious to know what a wrecking yard would ask for something like that.

i just realized i never answered that, it was $1000 canadian, about $750 USD

Baldwinvette77

Yesterday i found door handles off a 75 4 door dart in a junkyard, and today i got around to cutting up the fenders and making some rudimentary brackets to hold them on, im not going to make any more until i get a hood, but so far its not looking bad for a junkyard sign welded to a 4 door sedan.

djcarguy

Stevearino

lukedukem

Quote from: Stevearino on June 17, 2017, 06:54:21 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on June 17, 2017, 04:58:40 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:

While you wait dj here is a high dollar one in progress. http://www.clevelandpap.com/69-dodge-charger-hellcat-gallery/

Nice project, thanks for posting that steve. So to remedy the low rocker area they just made their own frame rail and installed it higher. Then cut out the old rocker area,?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Stevearino

Quote from: lukedukem on June 17, 2017, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: Stevearino on June 17, 2017, 06:54:21 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on June 17, 2017, 04:58:40 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:

While you wait dj here is a high dollar one in progress. http://www.clevelandpap.com/69-dodge-charger-hellcat-gallery/

Nice project, thanks for posting that steve. So to remedy the low rocker area they just made their own frame rail and installed it higher. Then cut out the old rocker area,?

Luke

That looks like exactly what they did and it worked out nicely.
The thing I worry about is the Hell Cat seems to have a wider track width and I am wondering how they will deal with the front fender clearances. Time will tell. They look like a talented bunch of guys.

Baldwinvette77

That hellcat is going to be freaking awesome, i'd like to see how the charger body handles highspeed, isn't the hellcat 4 door charger faster than the challenger just because of aerodynamics?