News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auxiliary transmission cooler

Started by BLK 68 R/T, April 02, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Is there an aftermarket transmission cooler made that has the correct fittings on it to connect to the factory transmission lines for a 68 charger that is not the 500+ dollar hemi reproduction. Doesn't need to be the same dimensions or in/out locations for the lines as I will bend my own lines to fit. Just looking for a cooler that has the proper fittings on it.

68CoronetRT

Most likely you'll need a 1/2" NPT to *BLANK* adapter. In my case, I did the 1/2NPT male to a -6an Male and then connected my fittings that way.

You should be able to get the 1/2NPT male union to Male whatever your stock line is.

I used this cooler. That's where I get the 1/2 NPT stuff from.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70266?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-b-m&gclid=CPyRs47ZjdMCFRY2gQod0LQHKQ

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on April 05, 2017, 11:07:23 AM
Most likely you'll need a 1/2" NPT to *BLANK* adapter. In my case, I did the 1/2NPT male to a -6an Male and then connected my fittings that way.

You should be able to get the 1/2NPT male union to Male whatever your stock line is.

I used this cooler. That's where I get the 1/2 NPT stuff from.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70266?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-b-m&gclid=CPyRs47ZjdMCFRY2gQod0LQHKQ

Thank you for this!

I will check into it further and find out what fittings will be needed. I think I will be able to get them locally from the part house.

comet_666

I wish I went this route. Nothing like having a trans cooler line blow off at 70MPH on the expressway.
Double hose clamps not doing the trick.

68CoronetRT

Quote from: comet_666 on April 05, 2017, 01:33:26 PM
I wish I went this route. Nothing like having a trans cooler line blow off at 70MPH on the expressway.
Double hose clamps not doing the trick.

After a boost line blew on hose clamps and a trans cooler line blew on hose clamps, I spend the extra money(AKA: a small fortune) on AN fittings for anything and everything. So much cleaner and easier to deal with etc...

threewood

Tru-Cool 4707 has 5/16" inverted flare fittings. I have used this one on two Mopar's, no issues. I also prefer hardlines.