News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stripping floors

Started by Silver R/T, April 22, 2006, 02:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I need to strip mostly surface/moderate rust on floors in my charger. I dont have access to air, even though I have sand blaster. I was thinking sanding it with sanding disc on end of a drill/using paint stripper. Any other suggestions/comments?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mopar_madman

try the black 3M clean and strip discs, they fit into a drill and any store sells them from walmart to home depot to most auto parts stores. Buy a couple cause they are very handy, I use them all the time.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Troy

I use the 3M discs or a wire wheel (both on a drill). They are both flexible enough to get into the ribs and corners but the 3M wheels seem to work faster.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drop Top

:iagree: I like the Strip and Clean dicks from 3M the best. Those little wires hurt too much when thys fly off. I remember using wire wheels before the strip a Clean disks came out.(Late 80's) I stripped a 72 Cuda's engine compartment. I wore eye protection but not face protection. I had a steal beard when I was finnished. Those wires went through my t-shirt also. So I had wires in my chest and arms too. Young and Dumb is all I can say.

moparguy01

Quote from: Drop Top on April 23, 2006, 01:19:34 PM
:iagree: I like the Strip and Clean dicks from 3M the best.

im not sure about the strip and clean dicks, but those strip and clean discs work quite well.  :icon_smile_big: I agree with drop top though, wire wheels just load your arms up with little metal peices and its about 100 times worse than moving fiberglass house insulation without gloves. ya it just sucks. use the 3m discs.

Drop Top

Sorry about the misspell guys. I usually catch stuff like that when I push the Spell Check button.  :-[ I was in a running lats this morning and the wife was rushing me to get out the door. Had to go babysit the twin grandkids.