News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen Power Antenna

Started by twenty mike mike, April 04, 2017, 11:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

Is there a power antenna that will properly fit in the standard 2nd Gen antenna hole and go through the fender gap in front of the door? I know that's being picky. I have a leftover Hirschmann from a furrin car project, but the base is way too small for the manual antenna hole. I have a feeling that the "universal" types I see advertised will have the same issue.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

twenty mike mike

I was assured that the top bezel is the same size as an original antenna, so I'll go ahead and take one for the team and test it.

Thanks for the link.

P.S. Jegs and Amazon have it for $20 less.

70 sublime

:2thumbs:

Get some pictures with the mast up
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

twenty mike mike

As I feared, the motor will not fit through the door gap. It's advertised as being a remote mount unit, but short of cutting another hole next to the antenna cable hole, there is no way to mount the motor inside the car. Since taking the door off and/or cutting holes will not happen, it's on its way back. Jeg's was very good about paying the return freight. One time good deal.  :2thumbs: