News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater control valve

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, June 15, 2017, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I tested the above with air, and it appears that when the valve is closed there is a little air getting by. So if a little air is getting by then hot water will get by. Is this normal? Or should it seal off 100%?

Thanks guys!

Gold Rush

I believe there is a small bypass port that does allow water to circulated but not through the heater core.  What I saw is more like a small bypass from input back to output connections.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Gold Rush on June 15, 2017, 10:11:54 PM
I believe there is a small bypass port that does allow water to circulated but not through the heater core.  What I saw is more like a small bypass from input back to output connections.

Thanks Gold Rush

Dino

It has to seal 100% or you won't be able to turn the heater off. Mine leaked as well. I got a new seal kit and bent the operating arm a bit so that the plunger would retract just a smidge more. Works like a charm now.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

john108

Air (gas) can get through places where water (liquid) can't.
Depending on the size and configuration of the leak path.