News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlights issue

Started by Shlep 68, April 10, 2017, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shlep 68

hi with my car running my covers stay stuck open not closed any suggestions

Kern Dog

68 RT

Vacuum lines hooked up reversed? May have a vacuum lines going directly to actuators? Assume you have a 68? Do they go down when car is off?

Troy

Are they open when the car is off? Do they go up and down with the headlight switch?

Judging by your avatar, you have a 68. The vacuum pods on the doors have magnets to hold the door up or down so you may not have any vacuum at all.

A common failure on these cars is the actual vacuum switch attached to the electrical switch for the headlights. It cracks and leaks which keeps the doors from moving. Or it could be old, cracked hoses. Or, there's a canister udter the batter to hold reserve vacuum which could be rusted or have broken fittings. You can test by removing the hoses from the actuators (be careful!) to see if there's suction when the car is running.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.