News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the correct power steering pump for a 69 HP 440?

Started by cavaleiro95, April 15, 2017, 11:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavaleiro95

Anyone know what is the correct power steering pump with the correct brackets for a 69 HP 440?
And where to get it at?
TIA

BLK 68 R/T

Hello and welcome.

Saginaw pump. Check with classic industries. They have complete new pumps.

sanders7981

Or, if you want to save some cash.  1974-76 Chevy Impala Saginaw power steering pump... Paid about $35 for mine on rock auto. 

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: sanders7981 on April 15, 2017, 05:43:41 PM
Or, if you want to save some cash.  1974-76 Chevy Impala Saginaw power steering pump... Paid about $35 for mine on rock auto. 

Is the one you got the teardrop shaped one? Or is it the factory Chrysler style reservoir?

sanders7981

Tear drop shaped one.  My original was the same design too. 

BLK 68 R/T

Not going to say it "never" happened, but I don't think any 69 440 ever came with the teardrop shaped reservoir? Every original one that I have ever seen are this style:

cavaleiro95

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on April 15, 2017, 04:45:30 PM
Hello and welcome.

Saginaw pump. Check with classic industries. They have complete new pumps.

Thanks

sanders7981

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on April 17, 2017, 12:05:55 PM
Not going to say it "never" happened, but I don't think any 69 440 ever came with the teardrop shaped reservoir? Every original one that I have ever seen are this style:

It's possible.  Mine had the tear drop shaped one when I bought it,  I'm the second owner.  I've also searched a bit on line and found some sites that claim this style was original.  Either way, it works.  I'm not going for all original anyhow.  That's for the birds, I bought mine to drive and enjoy.   :2thumbs:

BLK 68 R/T

QuoteIt's possible.  Mine had the tear drop shaped one when I bought it,  I'm the second owner.  I've also searched a bit on line and found some sites that claim this style was original.  Either way, it works.  I'm not going for all original anyhow.  That's for the birds, I bought mine to drive and enjoy.   :2thumbs:

I have the teardrop style on mine as well that I got at Napa. Works fine for me as I am not that picky on it. But since the OP did ask for the "correct pump and brackets" in his original post that is why I was questioning it  :cheers:

sanders7981

Works for me, was just offering a response incase he didn't want to be bleed dry by one of the major distributors.  :cheers:

Moparparts

Quote from: cavaleiro95 on April 15, 2017, 11:54:52 AM
Anyone know what is the correct power steering pump with the correct brackets for a 69 HP 440?
And where to get it at?
TIA

I have that correct pump, pulley and brackets, PM or e-mail me if interested