News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car covers?

Started by Cncguy, April 15, 2017, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cncguy

What car cover brand do you use for your ride? I plan on keeping in the garage but want more protection.

68X426

California Car Covers.  The best.  Great selection.

http://www.calcarcover.com/how_to_select.aspx

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

DAY CLONA

CoverCraft Evolution 4

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dans 68

Quote from: 68X426 on April 15, 2017, 07:53:36 PM

California Car Covers.  The best.  Great selection.

http://www.calcarcover.com/how_to_select.aspx

I agree. Been using them for years.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparnation74

California covers here as well...the microfiber one :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 15, 2017, 08:09:32 PM
CoverCraft Evolution 4

Me too....only because I won mine from Mothers LOL

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

A little light reading on California Car Covers. :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94471.0.html 

Apparently they don't know the difference between a Charger and a Daytona.  :slap:

Cncguy

Thanks for all the suggestions.

resq302

I've had a couple of Covercraft Evolution covers.  They are nice and soft and are thick also.  The only downfall is that after time, the material starts breaking down and you are left with that yellowish powder on the car which easily wipes off but is just a pain to keep cleaning off once you uncover it.  After 12 years, I had to replace it.  Not a bad life span for a cover in my opinion.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on April 26, 2017, 02:13:57 AM
I've had a couple of Covercraft Evolution covers.  They are nice and soft and are thick also.  The only downfall is that after time, the material starts breaking down and you are left with that yellowish powder on the car which easily wipes off but is just a pain to keep cleaning off once you uncover it.  After 12 years, I had to replace it.  Not a bad life span for a cover in my opinion.

Mine is kinda doing something similar but I think its just dust/dirt....have you ever washed the cover?  I might try that.  The thicker cover has saved many a ding in the past from the jackass that works in the garage... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ODZKing

I have had friends who purchased an expensive one (thinking you get what you pay for) and it lasted 10-15 years.
I purchased one like previously posted from EBay. It has now lasted 12 years with tears and rips due to my own negligence. It is/was waterproof (one wash took care of that) and the little rips my wife sewed in extra felt like material. Mine rips where the fender signals are on the 67.
I look at it this way, I'd be pissed if I spent a fortune on it and it got a hole in it. This way I don't care if I replace it every 10 years. And so far, haven't even done that.
3 winters ago in storage below

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 26, 2017, 07:00:47 PM
Quote from: resq302 on April 26, 2017, 02:13:57 AM

Mine is kinda doing something similar but I think its just dust/dirt....have you ever washed the cover?  I might try that.  The thicker cover has saved many a ding in the past from the jackass that works in the garage... :rotz:

Yes, didn't make it any better.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto