News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recommended Wiring harness for 70 Charger

Started by pipeliner, April 19, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

I need a complete wiring harness starting with the engine harness all of the way bay back to the reverse lights. My Headlight Harness is basically the only intact harness that I have. I called American Auto wire and found that their new complete wiring harness is not wired for the 70 Charger Headlight motor and relays. I would like to run a bigger alternator at least 90 or bigger and I'm also adding Vintage air along with Dakota Digital gauges. I'm not very good at this electrical stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Mopar Nut

Yearone.  Best plug and play harnesses sold anywhere.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

pipeliner

Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2017, 04:17:17 PM
So there harnesses should be to handle the upgraded alternators and so forth?

Kern Dog

Open your wallet and your pants when dealing with Year One!
I went with Evans wiring when I replaced the engine and headlight harness in my 70 Charger.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: pipeliner on April 19, 2017, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on April 19, 2017, 04:17:17 PM
So there harnesses should be to handle the upgraded alternators and so forth?
No, I should of said best plug and play upgrade for stock applications and/or electronic ignition.

For those I would go with a aftermarket wiring.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

pipeliner

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 19, 2017, 10:41:45 PM
Open your wallet and your pants when dealing with Year One!
I went with Evans wiring when I replaced the engine and headlight harness in my 70 Charger.
Ok thanks. I'll have to check him out.