News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger speakers

Started by chargerkid01, April 19, 2017, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hello,
Looking for the sizes for rear speakers and dash speaker for my 69 charger. I'm looking to have my original am radio upgraded to am/fm. What modern speakers are the best fitment

M5Ivan

I'm running Rockford Fosgate 6x9's in the rear and two 3.5" speakers retrofitted to the center speaker bracket.

chargerkid01

What does the front speaker bracket look like? Not sure I have that.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 20, 2017, 08:32:24 AM
This is what I used... :2thumbs:

darbgnik

Quote from: M5Ivan on April 19, 2017, 06:16:47 PM
I'm running Rockford Fosgate 6x9's in the rear and two 3.5" speakers retrofitted to the center speaker bracket.

Different brands, but same as this in mine.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

M5Ivan

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 20, 2017, 08:32:24 AM
If your dash has the one center speaker (instead of the left/right dash speakers) it looks like this.
After cleaning mine up I drilled 2 holes to fit the dual 3.5" speakers.

chargerkid01

Yeah definitely going to have to go through my parts, I'm starting to think that may have made its way into the trash a long time ago.

alfaitalia

Let that be a lesson to you!!!......I learned many years ago not to throw any car parts away. Even if you never own that model again chances are that  part can be made to fit something else or modded to do another job! Only last month I used a old but unused WJ Grand Cherokee front axle rubber bush to help get a mates 5 Series BMW on the road....perfect fit!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

chargerkid01