News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 door window parts and how they go together?...

Started by UH60L, April 22, 2017, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Ok, so I got my vent windows reassembled with the new glass and rubber (not perfect, I'll have to "finesse" the seals a bit later to get them to seat better).  I'm having trouble finding the seal/felt pieces and clips that go on the front edge of the door glass.  Anyone know where I can buy those?

Also, the polished stainless piece that goes on the back of the door glass, I ordered new seals for the back edge of those.  How do those attach to the glass?  I've heard glue, butyl, glass setting tape... any info would be appreciated.

From research, I've concluded you have to install the door window and vent window as an assembly.

One last question, the roof rails that hold the upper window seals on each side, what kind of foam tape should I use between them and the car and what size/length screws hold them on? (looks like an 8 or 10...)

Thanks,
Clint

richRTSE

UH60L

69bfan

I would suggest looking at purchasing the mylar runs from a vendor that sells the original factory pieces.  The reproductions can be made to work, but they will take some extra effort and you may still experience some issues.  The quarter glass seal just glues in with a weatherstrip adhesive.  The seal that goes between the roofrail panel and the stainless trim can be sourced from several different vendors.  If your not really concerned with it being 100% correct, there are some weatherstripping available at say home renovation stores that will work with some slight work.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com