News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who is in the market for a 71 Challenger Street Machine?

Started by Kern Dog, April 23, 2017, 01:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

I agree, love the grille.

But that hood, ouch. Thankfully it can be replaced.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bronzedodge

71's are my favorite as well.  The hood has to be repainted and a set of hinges found.  Friend of mine said they're hard to find parts for, one year only grill and fenders.  I told him now he knows how a second gen owner feels.   :lol:
Mopar forever!

BrianShaughnessy

Looks to be a solid car with some personal preferences most notably the hood....     :2thumbs:

If the price is right I'm sure somebody could enjoy driving it.    Fixing the custom parts back to a stock configuration is a lot easier than starting with a rustbucket.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Bronzedodge on April 23, 2017, 08:06:33 AM
71's are my favorite as well.  The hood has to be repainted and a set of hinges found.  Friend of mine said they're hard to find parts for, one year only grill and fenders.  I told him now he knows how a second gen owner feels.   :lol:

The fenders are not the same for 70-71? They both use the same side markers. They both have 4 headlight systems. I wonder what is different between them.

Bronzedodge

Yeah, I never asked my friend Marty for details.  I'll find out by Carlisle.  He owns a 70, 71 and 72 Challenger.
Mopar forever!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 24, 2017, 12:08:23 AM
Quote from: Bronzedodge on April 23, 2017, 08:06:33 AM

The fenders are not the same for 70-71? They both use the same side markers. They both have 4 headlight systems. I wonder what is different between them.

The "majority" production of 71 fenders have subtle tooling differences/cut outs, you could interchange the fenders between a 70 to 71 with no issues, only the paint daub crowd gets it's panties wadded if your 71 Challenger appears to have the "incorrect" fenders on it.  ...although an early production car like my 71 Challenger has "70 fenders" on it (my car still wears all it's original sheetmetal)

You could argue hoods also, crumple zones vs non crumple zones, just nuances...

TeeWJay426

That looks like it would be a fun driver, if it could be bought right. Personally, I'd yank that hideous hood off and put a T/A hood on it with the right hinges, but that's just my preference. It would be a blast to tear up the highways with it, either way.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

GOTWING

i dont' think they could have picked out an uglier wheel combo, just nasty  :eek2: the rest of the car is a :badidea: too

Kern Dog

The wheels don't bother me or excite me. They aren't what I would have picked but they are easier to swap than a frame rail or quarter panel!

tcs69rt

I noticed the grille change on the 2015 Challenger now matches the 1971. My 2011 still has the open grille like the 70 with 71 RT style stripes. Seeing the original makes me want to see about the 2015 grille in my 2011.  :icon_smile_big:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Kern Dog

In its third effort on ebay, the car sold for $20,000.