News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American car shows -recommendations?

Started by Jimmy01, April 24, 2017, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy01

-planning a short trip over to the US sometime in July / August this year. Would love to tie in a visit to a major car show while I am over there - anyone got any recommendations for shows (muscle cars / street machines) during that time? Thankyou.

Draco

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14th-16th. Carlisle PA. Very big show.

Jimmy01

Quote from: Draco on April 25, 2017, 10:21:55 AM
  Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14th-16th. Carlisle PA. Very big show.
Thanks Draco, I'll check it out - I would like to find something though which caters to all makes (Chevrolet, ford etc as well as Chrysler)

68X426

Quote from: Jimmy01 on April 25, 2017, 05:07:35 PM

something though which caters to all makes (Chevrolet, ford etc as well as Chrysler)

What??!!?? You mean there's other car makes beside Mopar?

Typically most USA shows are overwhelmingly Chevy, some Ford, just be prepared to see few Mopars when going to Brand X shows.

So you can't go wrong with Good Guys.  They put on massive events, about two dozen all around the country.  In July and August they have 5 events on their schedule, which will be in Iowa, Ohio, then 2 in Washington state, and then Northern California.

Here's a link: https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/schedule/GoodguysSchedule_17.pdf

At least at the Good Guys you will see a larger variety, including Pontiac, Olds, Mercury, Studebaker, Willis, and other deceased makes.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

69bfan

If you can schedule a bit later, check out the Woodward Dream Cruise.  I believe that it should be the third week of August in Detroit.  A bit of everything for everyone.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Jimmy01

Quote from: 68X426 on April 25, 2017, 06:00:45 PM
Quote from: Jimmy01 on April 25, 2017, 05:07:35 PM

something though which caters to all makes (Chevrolet, ford etc as well as Chrysler)

What??!!?? You mean there's other car makes beside Mopar?

Typically most USA shows are overwhelmingly Chevy, some Ford, just be prepared to see few Mopars when going to Brand X shows.

So you can't go wrong with Good Guys.  They put on massive events, about two dozen all around the country.  In July and August they have 5 events on their schedule, which will be in Iowa, Ohio, then 2 in Washington state, and then Northern California.

Here's a link: https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/schedule/GoodguysSchedule_17.pdf

At least at the Good Guys you will see a larger variety, including Pontiac, Olds, Mercury, Studebaker, Willis, and other deceased makes.
Thanks for that mate - sounds along the lines of what I'd like to see.
Cheers.

Aero426

r4daytona

Try the Alden Car show, Alden NY July 30th if thats the area you're going to be in.  All makes ans models usually about 700 + cars   I am bringing up Ted Vernon this year from the Show South Beach Classics.   Saturday night before the show we are having a concert and dinner with Ted $25/person.  Largest closest city is Buffalo NY