News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ohio corn

Started by flyinlow, April 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Once again I am playing Green Acres. Fired up the Kabota , plowed and tilled my garden.

Most stuff grows well, even had a good crop of water melons last year (for Ohio)  Sweet corn eludes me.  Any recommendations on sweet corn type that produces?

68X426

What's a Kabota?  We have Kubota around here.

:nana:

Check out Johnny's Seeds, they are in Maine and they know corn.  35 non-GMO varieties at the website

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/vegetables/corn/

They have a Grower's Library and a call center - 1.877-564-6697

Another option is to contact the Agriculture Extension at Ohio State. https://agnr.osu.edu/

How about a picture of you and the Kabota?  ;)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

flyinlow

Quote from: 68X426 on April 25, 2017, 09:47:48 PM

What's a Kabota?  We have Kubota around here.

:nana:

How about a picture of you and the Kabota?  ;)

A Kabota is one of those Chinese knock offs that is spelled almost the same.  I will try to get a picture of it. Spends most of it's time in the shed ,very shy.

Thanks for the link  , lots of corn choices.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: flyinlow on April 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM
Once again I am playing Green Acres. Fired up the Kabota , plowed and tilled my garden.

I prefer Old McBundy over Green Acres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQkf2xte38

bakerhillpins

Quote from: flyinlow on April 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

Most stuff grows well, even had a good crop of water melons last year (for Ohio)  Sweet corn eludes me.  Any recommendations on sweet corn type that produces?

Here in NH the corn type isn't the problem. We keep loosing our entire crop to Black Bears and raccoons.  :flame: :flame:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

Maybe it's not the corn, maybe it's your soil. Go get the PH in your soil tested. It should probably be between high 5's and 7. Anything less you need to spread some lime and till it in before you plant. Bodacious is good sweet corn and generally has good size ears but it might be too sweet for some. Silver queen is good but it tends to have small kernels. Another one is Peaches and Cream.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.