News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone got any pics of the horn relay/dual horns in a 68?

Started by Staxbro, May 18, 2017, 12:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staxbro

Hi folks. My horns have always been mounted under the battery tray ( in the wrong place and without relay) I am rewiring the car and want to put the horns and relay back to factory location. Does anyone have any pics please? I have quite few holes in the front radiator mounting panel where they should go. Hoping to tidy it all up and some original pics would really help me out! 👍🏻

Staxbro

Thanks Timmy!
I don't know why it is but whenever I search for something on here, I never find it!

Staxbro

Looks like the violet wire from the alt post to the horn relay goes via the main engine harness.for some reason, I assumed it went via the forward light harness. I suppose it makes sense that it would, along with the windshield washer and the alternator wire to to that corner... 

timmycharger

No problem, I don't use the search function on this forum, I just go into google, then type what I am looking for and add dodgecharger.com to the end of it.

Regarding the wire, I do believe its part of the main harness as I am pretty sure it isn't part of the light harness.  :Twocents:

Staxbro

Thanks Timmy.
My next problem, is I have now worked out why my horns are not in the correct location. It looks like they are do not have the correct brackets, or are off another car. Either way, they won't fit in the correct location unless I can remove the brackets and turn them around. They look like a weld/press fit, so not t sure how possible that is. Has anyone got any tips about removing the bracket? Don't want to force it and smash the horns....