News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69-70-71-Cyclones + many Mopars up for estate auction

Started by superbirdtom, April 30, 2017, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

I don't know if this has been posted   http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940     This is late Ben Snobar collection going up in august in Olympia Washington by murphy auctions.  You can Google it.  also many NOS parts and engines trannys and lots of other stuff.  Im going to be there for sure.

hergfest

There are three 5,000 sq/ft shops full of parts.  It will take two full days to auction everything off.

tallzag

I'm helping the family and Murphy put together the auction.  Going to be about 100 cars plus thousands of parts including 100 engines (two complete 426 Hemi engines), HP manifolds, dual snorkel air cleaners - etc, etc.  Everytime I go into the parts building I find more and more cool stuff.  Going to be an epic sale.

superbirdtom

Thats great to help out and be in the middle of what is going on. Question: are the cars going to be detailed out or just sold in their present state? And are all 100 cars his or are they mixing them in with others to keep folks at the auction?
I met Ben at a Mopar show at lake Samammish in 1990,drove my bird there and this huge guy got out of a red challenger convertible :vert: and we got introduced.  I was invited over to his shop and he was starting to build a new house. He had a rare 69 charger 500 brown I believe and possibly a hemi  :shruggy: with a factory sun roof and a few more I forget what they were and a couple complete hemi engines sitting on pallets wrapped in plastic.  I guess that was near  the start of his obsession which is just great as we love hoarders here.  Im sure you can't take any pics but that would be great if you could!  Thank you for the info! Tom

Redbird

I can not imagine that there are going to be any attractive deals for lower end items.

Was it a year and a half or two years ago that there was the sale in Nebraska or Kansas with the dealership guy that kept all the trade in cars. People overpaying for something they generally should not have bought.

There are some high end items here that will rightly go for big dollars. I hope they do.

There is some very good stuff to be offered to be sold here.

As for someone looking for something to restore their cars with, there are probably much better venues.

If one is retired and has lots of free time it would be a good event to watch for fun.

tallzag

@superbirdtom Haven't decided if we are going to detail out all the cars, probably just going to do that to the higher end cars.  The "yard" cars will probably be left as-is where is.  All 100 cars are his, the auction company is not putting anything extra into the auction.  He still has the Hemi Sunroof Charger.

@redbird No way to know what stuff will sell for but I can pretty much guarantee if you are looking for a good rebuildable big block you will get some cheap.  He probably has over 100 of them, maybe more.  Counted over 100 pumpkins so far too - bet some of those will go cheap.  This isn't the Lembreck Auction - I really doubt things are going to go for double what they are actually worth.

Will post a few pictures here - keep in mind this is a drop in the bucket of all the stuff.

tallzag

tallzag

If anybody has any specific requests for pictures of cars let me know and will try to accommodate.

birdsandbees

Yah, the Hemi sunroof Charger would be nice!  :icon_smile_big:

..and the '64 Plymouth Sport Fury!!  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Aero426

Quote from: tallzag on May 02, 2017, 04:15:22 PM
If anybody has any specific requests for pictures of cars let me know and will try to accommodate.

Cyclones, please.

RallyeMike

.... sounds like a big job for everyone. I didn't see the 70 Hemi Charger, 69 500, or a few others gems on the auction list. Are they finding new of homes outside the auction or perhaps the family is hanging in onto a few things for memory sake?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

tallzag

The Family kept a car or two but the list already includes those cars.  The Hemi 70 Charger is SO buried right now, will post some pics when it gets out.  Couple 64 Sport Fury's will try to get a couple of pictures.

Here is the 71 429 4 Speed car - got a Marti Report on it and it was probably the Seattle Show Car.

birdsandbees

Wow.. buried vertically and only the headlights showing!!  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

superbirdtom

Quote from: tallzag on May 02, 2017, 01:56:01 PM
@superbirdtom Haven't decided if we are going to detail out all the cars, probably just going to do that to the higher end cars.  The "yard" cars will probably be left as-is where is.  All 100 cars are his, the auction company is not putting anything extra into the auction.  He still has the Hemi Sunroof Charger.

@redbird No way to know what stuff will sell for but I can pretty much guarantee if you are looking for a good rebuildable big block you will get some cheap.  He probably has over 100 of them, maybe more.  Counted over 100 pumpkins so far too - bet some of those will go cheap.  This isn't the Lembreck Auction - I really doubt things are going to go for double what they are actually worth.

Will post a few pictures here - keep in mind this is a drop in the bucket of all the stuff.
Thank you for posting pics! Glad Ben hung on to the 500 I always wondered if he kept it,looks like he kept a LOT!  This will help out many people with their projects as theirs only so many folks that are into Mopars in Washington im sure theirs good deals to be had.  Lotsa project cars for sure.

RallyeMike

QuoteThe Family kept a car or two but the list already includes those cars.  The Hemi 70 Charger is SO buried right now, will post some pics when it gets out.  Couple 64 Sport Fury's will try to get a couple of pictures.

That 70 Hemi Charger sunroof car has got to be one of the most desirable 70 Charger's of all time. I guess the good thing is that it alone should bring a lot of attention to the auction. Thanks for the info.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

tallzag

One of the yard Challengers.

Mytur Binsdirti

They should really take the dead skunk off the hood.

tallzag

Here is the Hemi Charger.

SeaninSD

tallzag

The blue 71 429 4 speed one is pictured above.  Here are a few more we got out of storage this weekend.

SeaninSD

tallzag

70 Cyclone is a 429 4 speed car and the 71 Cyclone is also a 429 4 speed car.  Do not believe any 428 cars.  Has a 69 Cyclone as well that was a 351 car originally but don't know Ford's super well.  Have all the VIN's written down and Marti reports on the two 429 cars if you want more info.

Aero426

Quote from: tallzag on May 17, 2017, 10:26:36 AM
70 Cyclone is a 429 4 speed car and the 71 Cyclone is also a 429 4 speed car.  Do not believe any 428 cars.  Has a 69 Cyclone as well that was a 351 car originally but don't know Ford's super well.  Have all the VIN's written down and Marti reports on the two 429 cars if you want more info.

428 was not available in 70 or 71.    

Assuming that 71 is a Spoiler, that's the big dog Cyclone with only 353 made.     429 with stick is top 'o the heap.     Values on these have been unfairly low for a long time. 

superbirdtom

I just went on the murphy auction site as the auction is coming up next week. you can register online and bid w no sales tax. Theres something for most everyone in the auction. 440-340-engines transmissions- rear ends-intakes-nos stuff-etc etc. pretty cool just to look at one mans collection. Im sure it will help out folks with their restoration projects. I don't get on some cars where it says title pending out of state buyer? 

djcarguy

djcarguy

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 29, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
   I just went on the murphy auction site as the auction is coming up next week. you can register online and bid w no sales tax. Theres something for most everyone in the auction. 440-340-engines transmissions- rear ends-intakes-nos stuff-etc etc. pretty cool just to look at one mans collection. Im sure it will help out folks with their restoration projects. I don't get on some cars where it says title pending out of state buyer?