News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona front marker lights, 69' Dart style?

Started by dads_69, April 24, 2006, 08:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

I read somewhere a while ago that Daytonas used 69' Dart front marker lights behind the grille and I just scored a pair from ebay today. Anyone else use them or something close that works as well. Photos welcomed.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemigeno

Close, they used '69 Valiant turn signals...

You might be able to adapt the Dart versions though??

WINGMAN

THE FRONT TURN LAMPS ARE FROM A 69 VALIANT NOT DART :icon_smile_cool:  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

hemigeno

Here's a picture of my car's RH turn signal taken from inside the nosecone:

dads_69

Thanks for the photo hemigeno. I'll make them work reguardless now. I am making other mods to the car also, why I chose to use the Dart front lights, is strange since I'm doing so many other changes to the car. Thanks again for the info. guys.
Mark

hemigeno

Mark,
Chances are you'll be able to make them work fairly easily.  IIRC the Dart's T/S are just a little wider and a little shorter than the Valiant's, and you really don't see these once they're installed. 

There's an NOS (LH side) Valiant T/S on eBay right now for $250, and I know firsthand that coming across the opposite side NOS doesn't happen too often.  Took me a year to round a set up.  I've also heard stories of guys who have found and bought really nice salvage yard Valiant grilles for next-to-nothing, just for the T/S's. 

Unless you were dead-set on getting just the right parts, use what you already have. 

:Twocents:

BigBlockSam

you can get the correct daytona blinkers from dayclona. he has lots of them . i choose  a set with good used lens. i coulda got a set with a new set of lens. Mike gave to to me at a great price. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dads_69

Cool, thanks Geno. I scored a pair of housings and lenses with excelent wiring harness for ten dollars plus shipping, seven dollars plus for a real nice pair. I couldn't buy the wons from the wrecking yard here for that price plus shipping! I wanted to use the Dart style since the lense covers are in good condition as stated, cross my fingers. Ebay items are always a 50/50 shot, this time I took a chance, again.......My clone is gonna have Jaguar side marker lights in it, small detail touch for that cool lighting affect and no door handles or trunk key hole area, shaved. I'll drop some photos soon as the car hits the bodyshop again which will be soon. I've been working on other parts for the car minus the rear window plug right now.
Mark