News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I save the door Vin decal to reapply after painting.

Started by oldcarnut, May 02, 2017, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Pulled the doors to start paint work different color.  I think the tire pressures are repoped but what's good to use for the VIN removal and being able to reapply.

69bfan

I imagine by your description, that your doing a 70 model or newer car.  ECS Automotive out of MO. makes up licensed decals to replace the originals.  You will have to document to them that the car is a legit car through some paper work verification forms which will be listed on there web site.  The decal is close to perfect and the guys over at ECS are very knowledgeable on the process.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

birdsandbees

Yep, get ahold of David or Tom at ECS BEFORE you do anything to that decal. If you try to peel it it will show VOID under it !!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

oldcarnut

Thanks guys I'll check them out.  I did see it costs $50 for it by them.  It's on my 70 RR I'm cloning into the Superbird 

ACUDANUT

You can't remove them, you can only tape them over while painting the car.

garner7555

If you carefully peal it off and it shows void, you can spray paint the back side of it white to get rid of the void that shows up.   :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

oldcarnut

Out of curiosity, does the typed numbers in the decal stay with the decal or does it come off with the silver paint as part of the void?  Mine also has a clear protective layer on top of the VIN decal.  Is that the norm?

ACUDANUT

You will loose the battle trying to remove it. Period.

ht4spd307

oldcarnut