News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with wiring a momentary switch

Started by timmycharger, May 03, 2017, 10:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

My wife has a 2013 Chrysler town and country and I have installed factory power adjustable pedals.  The dealer was not able to "activate" them so they are not fully functional yet. When I went there, they couldn't get the car to acknowledge that the pedals were installed. I also installed a second DVD screen and they were able to see that there and activate that, but not the pedals.

I am able to get the pedals to move up and down by simply putting 12 v on them from a battery with a long jumper wire, but I cant get them to work with the switch.  What I want to do is get the pedals working with the factory switch but not bother with having the computer recognize it.

The switch has 4 prongs, red 12v, black ground, a green/white tracer for pedal up, and a green/blue tracer for pedal down.

Could I simply separate the harness, pull out the red/black wires, find a switched 12v somewhere else that works (using test light) and a good known ground, then just leave the two green wires attached to the pedal motor?  or should I start from scratch, incorporate a relay and go that route?

Any feedback would be helpful

70 sublime

How fat are the wires on the factory switch ?
Does it look like the same size wires on the other end by the pedals ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

timmycharger

All the wires are about the same, looks to be 14 or 16 gauge wire

70 sublime

Can you just put the 12 volts to the red wire prong on the switch and everything works like it should ?
Think that is what I would do
Just pull the red wire out of the switch socket and put your own red wire in if the dealership can not get it to work as it should from the factory
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

timmycharger

Great point! I am going to give this a try, thanks for the feedback  :cheers:

TommyGun

Is it possible that the fuse was never installed because it wasn't a factory installed option on your vehicle?  I know sometimes things like tow wiring is present but needs the fuse installed.

timmycharger

Quote from: TommyGun on May 04, 2017, 11:37:43 AM
Is it possible that the fuse was never installed because it wasn't a factory installed option on your vehicle?  I know sometimes things like tow wiring is present but needs the fuse installed.

Worth a look for sure