News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What happened to the search engine for this forum???

Started by randy73, May 03, 2017, 01:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PlainfieldCharger

I thought it was just me.... :P I was google looking for forum posts in the listings...

Ponch ®

It was kinda useless anyway. Always had better luck using the "whatever youre searching for" site:www.dodgecharger.com format on google
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Alaskan_TA

I wondered what was up, so I just tried an example, here are the results;

Alaskan_TA

Yet there is an actual sticky thread with those exact words in the title at - http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95764.0.html

(thread chosen at random for the test, I guess it IS broken)

Ponch ®

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on May 03, 2017, 05:46:57 PM
Yet there is an actual sticky thread with those exact words in the title at - http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95764.0.html

(thread chosen at random for the test, I guess it IS broken)

:shruggy:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Dino

I use Google as well for searches here. Sometimes I only find the print version though and I don't know why. Still, it's a quick and easy way to find what you're looking for.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

I have found that it's sorting results backwards or best last.  If your search returns 1-181 pages, go to page 181.  It will have the closest matches.

polywideblock

x 2    :2thumbs:     I was just going to say the same thing , what your looking for is normally on the last page

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bakerhillpins

It's always been bad enough that I basically stopped using it so if it's gotten worse...  :eek2:

SMF (the forum software) is up to version 2.0.xx now so I suspect that it's probably much better than the 1.11 version we are on.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

It's been broken since I "upgraded" the server last time (14 months ago - ick!). There's a couple threads with more detail in the Help section. The built-in search has major performance issues on large sites and the suggested fix is apparently garbage. Otherwise I'd just revert it to what we had. In reality, I'll probably just embed Google (which, even though people will whine, will also allow Google ads and generate some cash).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mytur Binsdirti

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone