News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best company to insure your Charger with???

Started by tcs69rt, May 04, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toocheaptosmoke

Quote from: Dino on June 04, 2017, 08:06:06 AM
Quote from: 375instroke on June 03, 2017, 11:09:55 PM
I've talked to a few of them, and they all require I park in a locked garage, and can't drive to work.

Try Grundy, they have an option to drive it as much as you want.

Do they strictly go off agreed upon value or is there an appraisal along with it?

I have my '70 through Erie, couldn't use Hagerty or the likes because the same thing, no locked garage, driving to work, no newer primary vehicle, etc.    I pay ~350 a year for full coverage at what used to be an agreed upon value (15k), however the car also had to be appraised.  It "passed" that appraisal a few years ago and has since had a lot of new parts thrown at it.  This season I wanted to up the agreed upon value to 20k just because of what prices are doing, they had my car re-appraised and rejected the 20k and valued it at 16.5k.  So now I'm stuck with that unless I switch...  The only good thing with the Erie policy is there's basically no restrictions on anything, you can drive it like a regular car.

Dino

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on July 13, 2017, 01:01:08 PM
Quote from: Dino on June 04, 2017, 08:06:06 AM
Quote from: 375instroke on June 03, 2017, 11:09:55 PM
I've talked to a few of them, and they all require I park in a locked garage, and can't drive to work.

Try Grundy, they have an option to drive it as much as you want.

Do they strictly go off agreed upon value or is there an appraisal along with it?

I have my '70 through Erie, couldn't use Hagerty or the likes because the same thing, no locked garage, driving to work, no newer primary vehicle, etc.    I pay ~350 a year for full coverage at what used to be an agreed upon value (15k), however the car also had to be appraised.  It "passed" that appraisal a few years ago and has since had a lot of new parts thrown at it.  This season I wanted to up the agreed upon value to 20k just because of what prices are doing, they had my car re-appraised and rejected the 20k and valued it at 16.5k.  So now I'm stuck with that unless I switch...  The only good thing with the Erie policy is there's basically no restrictions on anything, you can drive it like a regular car.

No appraisal afaik. They gave me a price based on agreed upon value. I'm sure I'll be quoted more when I actually need a new policy but I'm sure it'll still be way less than Hagerty.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

I have Grundy - and have had them since I finally got driveable cars about a decade ago. My biggest complaint is that my premiums have gone up, on average, 20% per year (in years where I have made no changes). So, at this point, I am paying more than double as what I was paying originally. They do automatically increase the agreed value by $1,000 per year but if you do the math that's still way in their favor. They don't have a lot of restrictions - other than the storage requirements - and I did not need appraisals for any of the cars. Just like home and regular auto policies it seems like you have to switch providers every few years to keep the price in line.

I do like Hagerty because they will insure cars under restoration - but they also want an "expected completion date" which doesn't really work for me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

Quote from: Troy on July 13, 2017, 01:22:24 PM
I have Grundy - and have had them since I finally got driveable cars about a decade ago. My biggest complaint is that my premiums have gone up, on average, 20% per year (in years where I have made no changes). So, at this point, I am paying more than double as what I was paying originally. They do automatically increase the agreed value by $1,000 per year but if you do the math that's still way in their favor. They don't have a lot of restrictions - other than the storage requirements - and I did not need appraisals for any of the cars. Just like home and regular auto policies it seems like you have to switch providers every few years to keep the price in line.

I do like Hagerty because they will insure cars under restoration - but they also want an "expected completion date" which doesn't really work for me.

Troy

Well dangit. The whole reason I cut Hagerty loose is because of their annual price hikes! Looks like that's gonna happen no matter what...

moparstuart

Quote from: Dino on July 13, 2017, 01:24:43 PM

Troy

Well dangit. The whole reason I cut Hagerty loose is because of their annual price hikes! Looks like that's gonna happen no matter what...
ive been with the corvette museum for 7 years now  , never had a price hike unless I up the coverage and then it has always been minimal
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on July 13, 2017, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: Dino on July 13, 2017, 01:24:43 PM

Troy

ive been with the corvette museum for 7 years now  , never had a price hike unless I up the coverage and then it has always been minimal

I'll be sure to give them a call then. I don't like these surprises much.   :2thumbs:

morepower

if grundy hikes me up then i'll shit can them
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Old Moparz

Troy

Condon & Skelly lowered my premium one year after having it not change at all for several years. I called to find out if it was a mistake & they assured me it wasn't & it went down because one of the cars on the policy passed some benchmark age ( I forget what) & they discounted the price.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus