News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins Real 69 Talladega Get a Boss 9 Motor, Race Decals Soon

Started by moparstuart, May 05, 2017, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: odcics2 on May 06, 2017, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2017, 09:21:59 AM
no Room at All for a clutch fan or flex fan  
o problem, just go fast!   :smilielol:
[or put a couple electric pushers in front of the radiator   , tons of room between the grill and the radiator , infact that is where the power brake booster landed too  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2017, 09:41:02 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 06, 2017, 09:32:34 AM
Wayne is one lucky dude.  I hear that a Boss 429 is 5 times more expensive than a 426 Hemi ? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
he said it really wasnt a whole lot more then his crate hemi , A guy up around detroit is building these , Bigger Cubes off a 460 block and the thing is a mean torq Monster .  

Using a 460 engine and making a Boss 429 out of sounds interesting. I have heard and seen someone out there making Hemi heads fit on both a 383 and 440.  :scratchchin:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2017, 09:49:24 AM
o problem, just go fast!   :smilielol:
[or put a couple electric pushers in front of the radiator   , tons of room between the grill and the radiator , infact that is where the power brake booster lander too 

Is this a joke "  tons of room between the grill and the radiator , infact that is where the power brake booster lander too " ?

moparstuart

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2017, 03:55:36 PM
nope thats where it is 

Wow, I gotta see this.
BTW : "Using a 460 engine and making a Boss 429 out of sounds interesting. I have heard and seen someone out there making Hemi heads fit on both a 383 and 440"

FJMG

Yup, "stage v" was what it was called I believe. Right around 1990 I think?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJMG on May 07, 2017, 11:55:14 AM

First prototype heads came out in 1982 IIRC, production pieces hit the market in 1985/86, I believe they're still in production

They were designed to fit any B/RB 68-78, but B applications were left with the installer having to fabricate their own intake manifold

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 07, 2017, 06:05:03 PM

First prototype heads came out in 1982 IIRC, production pieces hit the market in 1985/86, I believe they're still in production

They were designed to fit any B/RB 68-78, but B applications were left with the installer having to fabricate their own intake manifold
Someones putting hemi heads on small blocks now too 

ACUDANUT

Who among us could Fabricate their own intake manifold. Sounds like a pita and expensive.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 07, 2017, 08:59:23 PM

Who among us could Fabricate their own intake manifold. Sounds like a pita and expensive.

Sheetmetal fabricated manifolds are common among the race crowd, a casting can be done either raw (expensive, even one off) or using an existing casting and remaching it externally and internally along with any inserts/welding needed to create what's needed

I modded a few stock HEMI dual quad manifolds externally and internally back in 2002-2005 to accept a trio of sixpack carbs and function as a true dual plane with the plenum design matched to the six barrels, $200-$400 for used manifolds and 80 hrs on the milling machine and...

A383Wing

weren't those Hemi heads that were for the "B" & "RB" engines called the "Ball Stud" heads?

or am I thinking of a different set of heads?

Swampwing2

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 06, 2017, 09:55:23 AM
[or put a couple electric pushers in front of the radiator   , tons of room between the grill and the radiator , infact that is where the power brake booster lander too 

Is this a joke "  tons of room between the grill and the radiator , infact that is where the power brake booster lander too " ?

I was wondering the same thing. Have a photo of this setup?

6bblgt

Quote from: A383Wing on May 08, 2017, 04:16:49 PM
weren't those Hemi heads that were for the "B" & "RB" engines called the "Ball Stud" heads?

or am I thinking of a different set of heads?

the ball stud HEMI was Chrysler's replacement for the 426 HEMI due to enter production by the mid-'70s

the death of performance (oil crisis & insurance) lead to the program being cancelled

sccachallenger

Sheetmetal fabricated manifolds are common among the race crowd, a casting can be done either raw (expensive, even one off) or using an existing casting and remaching it externally and internally along with any inserts/welding needed to create what's needed

I modded a few stock HEMI dual quad manifolds externally and internally back in 2002-2005 to accept a trio of sixpack carbs and function as a true dual plane with the plenum design matched to the six barrels, $200-$400 for used manifolds and 80 hrs on the milling machine and...
[/quote]

I remember seeing your work in Mopar Action, wow!
How'd the manifold work out on the 426?
I think I recall Tom Hoover expressing regret that the street Hemi wasn't sold this way.
Apparently dual four barrels were easier for amateur tuners to screw up, 6 barrels less so!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: sccachallenger on May 09, 2017, 09:13:28 AM

I remember seeing your work in Mopar Action, wow!
How'd the manifold work out on the 426?
I think I recall Tom Hoover expressing regret that the street Hemi wasn't sold this way.
Apparently dual four barrels were easier for amateur tuners to screw up, 6 barrels less so!

The induction systems worked out very well performance and reliability wise, plus gas mileage was very respectable, when I made the first manifold for the 71 Daytona project it was based on pics from Tom Hoovers prototype work in 69, he had several 6 pack HEMI manifolds made and tested on factory mules, plus one on his own 66 HEMI Coronet for some time, having spoken personally with Hoover about the manifolds after the first 71 wingcar made it's debut, he said the six pack HEMI induction was going to be slated for production for the 71 models, but by mid 70 Corporate had already signed the death warrant for any future plans for HEMI production, with 71 seeing the demise of the HEMI as a RPO

by serendipity I thought it would be a great touch on the 71 wingcars when I was building the components, little did I know at the time, that was Hoovers intention

Mike

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on May 08, 2017, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 06, 2017, 09:55:23 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Have a photo of this setup?
[/quote]funny i take pictures of everything like 15 times usually , i looked at it and was so interested i forgot to shoot it ,  next time he's out in it i will get some photos  its a street rod set up im sure 

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart