News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What grease to use on polyurethane bushings?

Started by 375instroke, May 06, 2017, 04:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

I see many opinions on this.  Some manufactures say that poly bushings are impervious to petroleum products in their ads.  Without going into the proprietary greases the pushing manufacturers sell, what is recommended?  Some people say petroleum will soften them.  Some say use synthetic grease, like Mobil 1, but aren't synthetics just synthesized hydrocarbon molecules instead of refined ones from the ground?  Others say white lithium.  I used silicone grease since it's just about completely inert, and that was another option I read, and figured I could clean it out without any harm if I had to use something different since that's what they use on them as a release agent anyways.

John_Kunkel

Energy Suspension recommends a synthetic, water resistant marine-grade grease...of course, they sell their own brand of it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

randy73

I have always found silicone grease to work well, but you have to re-apply it every couple of years. Believe that is the grease Energy Suspension puts in their bushing kits.