News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger vibration

Started by 1969boxercharger, May 08, 2017, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969boxercharger

so i have a 69 charger with a 440 that has major vibration...i was told that its caused by engine not being balanced,and that i shhoud replace the harmonic balancer. my main question is,,what specific information do i need of the engine so i can purchase the correct balancer. and does someone in here have a specific website or shop that can help me with this? thanks..

303 Mopar

Is your crank internal or external balanced?  This will effect the harmonic balancer and the flex plate.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Draco

You will need as much info on the motor as possible. Especially what work has been done or modified. Is it auto or manual trans or has torque convertor been changed.

Paul G

Wow. Someone told you it was the balancer. Can you pull it off and press the new back on yourself? There very many things that can cause vibration.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68 RT

Could just be a motor mount or transmission mount?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 68 RT on May 19, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
Could just be a motor mount or transmission mount?

Also something as simple as 2 spark plug wires on the wrong plugs, confirm your firing order, as well as checking your motor/tranny mounts...costs nothing to confirm this