News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil Prices at $66 per barrel, your opinions?

Started by RD, August 11, 2005, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerhunter

$2.40 gallon in Texas. 55 miles to work one way. Gonna have to get another bike!!! :METAL:
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

70charginglizard

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 11, 2005, 09:06:13 PM
You know, the gas stations used to get robbed around here alot! :o

Now they're robbin' us! ::)

BBD

It isn't the gas station thats robbing you.
70charginglizard

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

andy74

2.71 a gallon here this am, i have been driving the charger every day all summer,averaging 13 mpg,25 mile each way to work,getting a bit pricey.may have to start driving a dealer car again,probably a neon or 4 banger stratus,and parking the charger during the week,only taking her out on the weekends-i would still sell my wife before the charger !!

NHCharger

While watching ABC news this morning during breakfast the reporter who was talking about the jump in prices also mentioned that the oil companies are "swimming" in profits right now. And with the new energy bill signed their profits will be even higher. The oil companies will keep pushing up prices until they see a drop in demand, then they will drop the prices .20 cents and everyone will breath a sigh of relief. The oil companies have us by the short and curlies and they know it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ChargerBill

$2.92 for premium in some places here....it's getting pretty bad. I filled my truck up Wednesday - $64!!!
Life is a highway...

RD

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 12, 2005, 07:11:10 PM
$2.92 for premium in some places here....it's getting pretty bad. I filled my truck up Wednesday - $64!!!

yikes, $2.38 yesterday, now $2.50.  filled up yesterday in the dakota, 22 gallon tank, $50.00.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BigBadCharger

Try 2.79 for the CHEAP STUFF!  :o And 3.01 for 92, but im still getting a Charger
How's your wife and my kids?

TheGhost

I'm telling you, it's all the Man's fault.  He's always trying to keep us little people down.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CFMopar

QuoteIn my opinion, it's absurd how it just keep's climbing. Would be nice for "someone" to do something about it. But then again, I'm not sure anyone can do anything about it. Maybe flood the market with oil reserves  to lower the prices.

I dont think their is much that can be done. Its a limited resource and were using it up. The demand keeps growing and the supply is dwindling.

A good read for anyone who wants to spend some time is http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/ (its long i just skimed it) Talk bout everything. Oil production, oil compainies, our supply, alternate sources of energy.... It basicly goes on to explain that we fuc*ed ourselves over allready.

We've hit in southern ontario 97.9 cents a liter (you guys can do the math) and were suposed to be hitting the dollar + a liter mark soon.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

70charginglizard

Well I told myself when it hit 3.00/gallon that I was going to try this and see if it work.
http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

I heard on the news this morning that it's hit 3.00/gallon today here in some places thanks to another small storm in the gulf (so they say) Yeah, right.
So here I go. Acetone in the tank!

Long as it doesn't hurt it (which they claim) I'm now at the point that I'll risk or try anything to get better fuel milage now.
:flame:

I've already put in a K and N air filter, one of those goofy turbo vortex things, a magnet that claims to save you gas that attaches to your fuel line. (I'm sure the only thing really helping at all is the K and N filter but what the heck)

Any other ideas?
70charginglizard

CFMopar

A guy i know tried that aceton and said a car that he never got no better than 31 mpg got 35 mpg...

69 charger man

it sucks.. my 01 ram eats gas like crazy... 360 ex. cab 8ft bed 4x4.. to fill up her 35gal tank it cost like $70 (2.30 gal in nj)and only gets me about 350 miles... imm going to go broke
-ray

Charger_Fan

I found this cool Q&A list regarding Acetone...
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_Additive:FAQ#Q._What_does_acetone_do_to_engine_components.3F

Apparently you need to make sure the gas you're buying contains no Ethanol (probably Methanol too), otherwise Acetone won't work as well.

Check out "Where does Acetone come from?" at the bottom of the page.   :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CFMopar

The more I read bout acetone the more I want to try it.

And I know to diabetics :) WOOO hehe

myk

I try not to entertain any thoughts or opinions on matters that are beyond my control-there's just no point to it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lightning

jumped from $2.47 a couple days ago to $2.66 today.....what's up with this??
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Beer

Those who have been in the chat room know I work on a drill ship in the Gulf of Mexico. Our task is to explore for oil/gas based on geologist and seismic data. If one looks at the the "Big Picture" it appears the oil is in the mideast. We are getting oil from the mideast and it is supplemented from other sources such as the North Sea, Africa and the Gulf of Mexico, as well as Alaska, Brazil and other places.

Alot of what you pay for gas is in fact State and Federal taxes. One should be able to determine that, frequently there is a sticker on the pump telling you what the taxes are per gallon.

My take on the petroleum industry is that our government wants to use Mideast oil rather than our own reserves.

This makes sense, if they (mid east) have so much (and it is a limited commodity) and are willing to sell it, why use local reserves? Eventually the Mideast should run out right? Then what will happen??? The North Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, Africa, Brazil, and all the other non mideast sites will be money makers. Money makers that are controlled by Europe and the US vice the Mid east...

Local finds (Gulf of Mexico, btw you can search these terms on google to see what I am talking about) include Crazy Horse, Thunder Horse, and Tahitii (Tahitii My drillship discovered!).  

The fact is from a strategic sense we have oil, but it makes sense to use the other guys oil first...

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

69bananabeast

I've also heard that Oil companies are recording record profits, so what does that mean to you?  In the past week and a half  here in Texas, Gas gone from 2.18 to 2.42  for regular  :icon_smile_blackeye:.  My dad's been over in Baghdad herding all the troops for training at the airport and while he was there he found out that the Saudi's can pull a barrel of oil out of the ground for a $1  and on the market it's selling for $66 a barrel. What the hell is going?   :flame:  In my opinion I think US might be stock piling "In Case $h it "  . It wouldnt be as bad if they would admit they are stock piling if thats what it is.  Im having a problem now trying to figure if gas prices are better right now or if Kerry would have been elected ( I know Politic BS) but he did want a .50 cent gas tax off the bat if elected.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

BigBlackDodge

When oil runs out in the middle east oil will be selling for 500 bucks a barrel................where else you going to get it from? Zero competition is bad news for consumers.

Oil companys are making record profits at America's (and other nations!) expense. Are they building new facilities to make gas?.............I bet they aren't............and why should they. They can use the 'we're maxed out production wise' excuse to keep the price high and rake in the cash by the millions, trillions, billions........or ga-zillions. :-\

I am secretely building an engine that runs on air ;D...................but a certain oil company has offered me millions to sell them the patent.........hmmmmm.

BBD