News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another 3-speed wiper motor question

Started by tcurtis, May 10, 2017, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcurtis

I recently posted this over at the B-Body forum and figured I'd ask here as well.  I recently purchased a NOS 3-speed wiper motor (part#2889982 if I remember correctly) for my '69 Charger. I know it isn't the correct part number but was told it would fit and function. I then obtained the appropriate crank arm (2822273) with bushing, etc. Problem is the slot in the crank arm isn't near big enough to slide onto the stud on the wiper motor. This thing is driving me crazy! The ends on the motor stud appear rounded with flat sides. The crank arm appears to have 1 rounded end, a flat end, and flat sides. I'm more than willing to do some sculpting on the slot if necessary, but there must be a proper crank arm out there somewhere. I attached a (poor) photo to illustrate. Any help is appreciated.

70 sublime

That is where the 2 spd wiper motor and crank are different from a 3 spd wiper motor and crank

I never took pictures of that when working on mine but had to sort through a bunch of spare parts till I found the right combination
If I remember right the slot in the crank is also out a 1/4 turn from a 2 spd to a 3 spd so just making the one fit you have might not work out either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ODZKing

Call Kim at Passion4Mopars.  She is an expert and will have the correct one for your motor.

comet_666

Quote from: ODZKing on May 11, 2017, 12:08:30 AM
Call Kim at Passion4Mopars.  She is an expert and will have the correct one for your motor.
:iagree:

tcurtis

I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and order the correct motor and such and try to sell or swap the one I have at Carlisle in July. Probably save myself some problems down the road. We shall see.  Thanks for the assistance.  I'll post how ot all works out.