News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-74 Aero's ?

Started by randy73, May 11, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I know someone was making aero frontends for gen 3's, does anyone know who was doing it and if they are still making them?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: randy73 on May 11, 2017, 07:57:11 AM
I know someone was making aero frontends for gen 3's, does anyone know who was doing it and if they are still making them?

? Dayclona ?

DAY CLONA

What flavor?, Dodge or Plymouth?...I only offer the front nose cones in fiberglass only , PM me here for any questions, details, prices

Mike

DAY CLONA

odcics2

I'll never get used to the minimum change Plymouth beak!!!   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 11, 2017, 05:16:28 PM

I want one of both!   Maybe that's my retirement project because you can buy these bodies for a reasonable price.  Crate hemi and an aero nose.    Dreaming

What flavor?, Dodge or Plymouth?...I only offer the front nose cones in fiberglass only , PM me here for any questions, details, prices

Mike

randy73

It is a charger and are the headlights functional?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: randy73 on May 12, 2017, 11:54:21 AM
are the headlights functional?

Yes, If you'd like them to be...

Mike

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on May 11, 2017, 08:36:46 PM
I'll never get used to the minimum change Plymouth beak!!!   :Twocents:

Well Greg, my reasoning for choosing that particular nose from the various configurations available in the 1970 Wichita G series wind tunnel test report, regardless of the test data or configuration efficiency and building that nose was I thought it would be the most likely candidate for a "street" version had Chrysler be obligated to supply production models in 71, the stock 71 valance is retained along with the stock lower grille, directional lights, also utilizes the factory chin spoilers, no mods to the fenders, so from a production standpoint it offers the most economical choice, which I thought Corporate would do, remember the idea behind these builds at the time was "What would the factory have done for 71 had the Aero wars continued?"

Mike

DAY CLONA

And it flows rather respectively in the wind tunnel...

odcics2

Yeah, I know the reasoning behind it, but it's one of those things only a mother could love. 

If produced, they would still be languishing on dealers lots!   HUGE rebates on them!   :smilielol:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on May 12, 2017, 07:33:47 PM
Yeah, I know the reasoning behind it, but it's one of those things only a mother could love. 

If produced, they would still be languishing on dealers lots!   HUGE rebates on them!   :smilielol:

Or maybe stories of dealers converting them back into Road Runners!  :smilielol:

held1823

regardless of individual perspective of the appearance, the craftsmanship is out of this world
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 12, 2017, 02:49:18 PM

I like it.  If you look at old 64-66 corvettes, those vehicles had the "high nose".  So, whereas the charger tends to remind me of the King Cobra with its drop snout, I actually think it improves the appearance of the 71-74 road runners.  I always thought the back end of those cars were too blocky - my knick name for them was the "fat a** chickens" - anyway, I'd take either and if someone wanted to give me the Superbird as a "consolation prize" - I'll smile all the way home!

Vegas_Nick

Where can you find the double wing like that for a 74?

odcics2

Quote from: rainbow4jd on May 12, 2017, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 12, 2017, 02:49:18 PM

I like it.  If you look at old 64-66 corvettes, those vehicles had the "high nose".  So, whereas the charger tends to remind me of the King Cobra with its drop snout, I actually think it improves the appearance of the 71-74 road runners.  I always thought the back end of those cars were too blocky - my knick name for them was the "fat a** chickens" - anyway, I'd take either and if someone wanted to give me the Superbird as a "consolation prize" - I'll smile all the way home!

I'll have to dig up the G series Engineering report to lookover the lift numbers for the minimum change nose. A low drag body without proper downforce does not make a racey car.