News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, what have you folks done with the ashtray in your cars?? 69 Charger

Started by green69rt, May 11, 2017, 02:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Did you leave as-is, convert to something else, fill in the hole??

alfaitalia

As is....gotta have somewhere to stuff all the empty sweet (you say candy!)  wrappers! Or to put change for the parking meters......
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

gtx6970

Blow it apart and have it replated. Only to never use it again

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Lennard

I deleted my center a/c vents for a cleaner look, so I'm probably going to make an a/c vent in the ashtray so I can close it and have it out of sight when not in use.

HPP

alfaitalia

Strange that no one has suggested putting cigarette ash in it! Over here we would say fag ash......but I understand that had a very different meaning over there!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

XH29N0G

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 11, 2017, 06:20:24 PM
Meh....I put a tach/shift light in mine....  lol

Nice install,  I put my a/f gauge on mine, but nowhere near as nice of an install.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Dino

If I don't end up with a stock looking yet modern radio in the dash, then I'll have a hidden system where the ash tray is. I cleaned up and repainted mine a few years back just so it looks nice. It was very...used before that.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

oldcarnut

Does a RR count?
I converted mine into drink holders.  They fold up and slide back in to fully close door

VegasCharger

I have the '68 slider type which I like better than the pull out style. I plan on doing NOTHING to my ash tray but leave it as is. It won't receive any cigarette ashes or butts because I don't smoke. But it will be functional in case a pretty girl needs a light and my 68 is in the presence.  :smilielol: But no smoking in my '68  :rotz:

I'm glad I bought my ashtray a few years back. Mine was tan and I wanted to find a black one instead of dying my tan one. I paid $45.00 shipped. Have you seen the prices on these lately??

Here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-1968-B-Body-Ashtray-Road-Runner-Charger-/182409367416?hash=item2a78720f78:g:0j0AAOSwt5hYa~UT&vxp=mtr

Here's mine.  :cheers:

green69rt

I haven't seen anything that makes me want to do a big redo of the ash tray so I think I will just clean it up and put it back in as-is.  If I change my mind later then not a big deal.  Thanks guys.

moparjohn

Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

MoparRocks

1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree