News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jackie O'Brien / 71ChallengeHer could use some prayers right now.

Started by Alaskan_TA, May 12, 2017, 05:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

Jackie just went into surgery with multiple issues. Please keep her in your thoughts & pray that all goes well for her. I'll update here when I know more, Shelby will be traveling to see her tonight. Big hug for all her family & friends, we all know how fragile she was before this. We are NOT ready to lose her.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dino

Oh no...

I was just thinking I haven't spoken to Jackie or Shelby in a long while.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Best of wishes to her and the family.  Hope all goes well.

69rtse4spd

She is in our thoughts & prayers, shocked to have just read this. Hope all goes well. 

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

dyslexic teddybear

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Alaskan_TA

Hey guys, Jackie made it out of surgery, she is resting. So far so good.

I'll know more later on today.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Alaskan_TA

I do not know yet. She had multiple issues all at once but I have not heard what all was involved yet.

I'll report back this afternoon / evening when I know more.

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Alaskan_TA

I had a great visit with Jackie. The surgery (#13 for her, the last one was 13 years ago) went well & hopefully she will never need another one. She is in pain & has not had any good sleep yet, but her spirits remain high. She appreciated knowing that you all care about her.

As far as the medical complications, I am not up on all the terms, so here is the short version, I'll try to get it right;

Her bowel developed a twist which caused a blockage up high in her system. The way her body was behaving, this made her test results appear to show that her gall bladder, pancreas & liver were shutting down.  The surgeon had to remove a lot of scar tissue from her previous 12 surgeries, but she is all back together now.

Her pic line had also become infected, so on top of everything else, she had a blood infection.

Once she heals up she should be able to eat real food again with no need for a pic line any more.

Bob

Alaskan_TA

Bob

69rtse4spd

Great to hear this, wish her well & when she can eat real food again, tell her Red Lobster is on me. :2thumbs:.

Alaskan_TA

She'll read this thread when she can, so I bet she takes you up on it.

I tempted her with Buffalo Wild Wings before I left.  ;)

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

dyslexic teddybear

Charger-Bodie

Glad to hear she is doing better. Sounds like going forward her life should improve a lot.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............